Manhunter (2004-) #38

Manhunter (2004-) #38

In this issue we get the conclusion to the Sweeney Todd story and some Graduation Party shenanigans. It’s all good, but I personally don’t think we needed the Sweeney Todd plot. It was the final two issues and that took away valuable time that could have been dedicated to exploring more or where our main characters were after all of these years or giving us more of a conclusion to their story arcs. We get great story development for Ramsey. It’s lovely how much he and Kate get along despite the tension over their disagreement of whether Ramsey should be a super hero or not. The suit looks stunning on both of them. I’d like to follow Ramsey’s story. The only thing is that Dylan, Damon, Mark, Peter, and Cam all kind of get shafted in the end by being pushed to the side. I’ve come to love these characters and would have rather seen more of them/gotten to know what happened to them. Poor Peter didn’t get to see his son graduate :frowning:

2 Likes

What a great ride this was. The story was spectacular throughout the series. Kate had amazing character growth. Kate’s supporting cast did as well. They were all well rounded and fleshed out characters. The characters were flawed, but realistic and willing to grow. They never felt stuck in place the way a lot of comic characters do. The series tackled some deep issues while also maintaining that fun super hero core. We got to see Kate interact with the whole of the DC Universe with all of the fun cameos. I thoroughly enjoyed this entire run from start to finish. I’m going to miss this motley crew and their adventures.

2 Likes