MASTER TOPIC: New Community(2.0) Questions, Feedback & Suggestions

For reference, here’s the screen I’m talking about (blur is mine):

1 Like

If you go to Preferences > Account you see it says no one can see your email, only you. I just checked your profile and your email is not visible.

4 Likes

It looks like @nu52 beat us to the punch! Thanks for answering that for us, I love how helpful our Community is! <3

3 Likes

Not sure if this has been suggested, but in case 3.0 would like some users’ input, I recently thought about having the comments in the form of speech bubbles- making the Community look more like a comic book.

Has DC Daily been canceled?

Now that is a fun suggestion, @Pollster! I’ll absolutely pass it along to the rest of the team.

@tjwsports.79977, the new season of DC Daily was recently announced on the Watchtower, in the thread, DC Daily Returns January 16th!

The Watchtower is where we post updates about DC Universe. I’d highly recommend keeping an eye on this section, to stay up to date on all the news.

3 Likes

Hi! First, I am not sure how long I have to be to post a new topic, but I thought I would check in here.

Second, you have such an amazing database of comics, including the first appearances of so many iconic DC heroes. However, I was hoping that sometime soon you might post the first appearances of the following characters:

1. Captain Marvel/Shazam! (Whiz Comics #2, Dec. 1939/Feb. 1940)
  2. Black Canary (Flash Comics #86, Aug. 1947)
  3. Martian Manhunter (Detective Comics #225, Nov. 1955)
  4. Nightwing (Tales of the Teen Titans #44, July 1984)

These seem like curious omissions, especially considering Martian Manhunter is the only JLA founder without his first appearance available, and that the Titans television series told the story of Nightwing’s first appearance in its most recent season.

Thanks for listening!

EDIT: Not able to find Tales of the Teen Titans (Nightwing) series using search, but another user was able to find the issue below.

EDIT 2: Tales of the Teen Titans is listed under The New Teen Titans, which was rebranded “Tales of the Teen Titans” with Issue #41.

1 Like

Tales of the Teen Titans is here

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/-/ad3f8cfb-ffb9-40d8-8547-851dc684b508

A reprint of Jonn.Jonzz first appearance is in.

World Finest 175

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/-/8cbf572c-83ec-41a7-bde6-4fcb243ef19d

Amazing. How did you find that? I can’t find the series using the regular search feature. Is that a bug?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see that The New Teen Titans was rebranded with issue #41.

Went to Comic Books
Hit Search
Typed in
Tales of Teen Titans

For reprint of Martian.Manhunter
Googled

1 Like

Thank you for jumping in with this save, @TurokSonOfStone1950! :smiley: It never fails to amaze me, just how generous, helpful, and genuinely incredible this community is. You guys kick butt and your heroics have definitely been noticed. :raised_hands:

I’ll definitely also pass along your suggestion for comics that aren’t currently on our service, @Wincter. Thank you so much for reaching out!

2 Likes

Please make things like office hours, and ESPECIALLY the “what’s coming and leaving” threads more easily accessible. I think there should even be a page for what’s coming and going (and when) available at the home menu, it’s such a pain to have to search the right words just to find out when Wonder Woman Bloodlines is coming

Thank you for reaching out with these concerns, @JayJayden. I’d be more than happy to pass along your feedback about creating an easier way to find threads concerning what’s coming and going here on DC Universe. While we can’t make any promises, we’re always delighted to hear about how we can make this service more accessible and easier to use.

If I may make a suggestion in the meantime, we do strive to keep all updates concerning changes to our library in the Watchtower. You should be able to find news about changes to DC Universe there. If you do run into trouble finding a thread, please don’t hesitate to let us know and we’d be happy to point you in the right direction, as well.

1 Like

Please forgive it his has been asked or is obvious.

I am unable to find a couple comics and would love some help

Where is the Batman: white Knight series
And
The new Mr. Miracle series

Thanks,
Bryan

1 Like

There are a few of DC’s recent-ish big sellers that weren’t put on DCU so they wouldn’t eat into individual sales, including both of the ones you mentioned.

2 Likes

Can we get the ability to post topics under a shows community tab back? You can reply if there’s a thread there but not make a new one.

The way you get your topics to show up under a show’s community tab is by tagging your topic properly. With the correct tags, your post will show up.

You can find a list of tags HERE You’ll mostly be looking at the ones listed under Content Tags if your goal is to have your topic show up under a show’s community tab.

2 Likes

Please bring back the “Dive back in” feature! It was my only way to keep multiple book storylines straight! Now it takes forever to find what I was reading before!

Android app

1 Like

I LOVE the DCU Encyclopedia and strive to mention any key character details that I find missing. Thank you again for this phenomenal resource!

As mentioned in the How do you prefer to pronounce “Ra’s Al Ghul”? thread, a bit of trivia and further details (perhaps an audio file?) about the correct pronunciation of Ra’s Al Ghul’s name would be excellent. Can that please be added to this entry? Thank you!

1 Like