MASTER TOPIC: What Do You Like About DC Universe? And What Would You Change?

I have a reading order for Worlds End. I got a reading order for Wildstorm that began with Wildcats #1 & did that first tho. I can’t open links yet so I can’t see @Barrys.Better.Half’s reading order list. Apologize if it’s the same thing I mentioned. It is being worked on tho. February it’s supposed to be working for me. The one I had was kind of confusing, but I live for figuring em out. I get a satisfactory feeling from figuring out my own orders.

2 Likes

I have been making a Superman list based on some trades that I have. It would be nice to have more options in making a list. For example, a list view instead of cover view. Also, the way the comics imports in the list is newest addition is first. If there could be a way to change this with something like Newest Added Last or First or physical copy release date. However, I am loving making lists so this is just is a small inconvenience that I can manuevere manually.

This is a thousand times better response than what I received from the Help Desk, thank you for taking the time out to explain things a little bit. Hearing that it would be addressed in a “future update” yet again, after 8 months of patiently waiting for it to be addressed, led me to believe that it would never be fixed, with no explanation as to why this was even happening.

I would never assume that the people working in support are anything other than good human beings, but I became highly agitated when my first support ticket (second of the three overall) was ignored, and required me to send another one week later. That’s not good customer service.

It could very well be account-oriented in relation to the Firestick. I have two Firesticks with the app and they both experience the problem, while my android app and chrome browser both “save my spot” as it were. This is a major reason why I have not committed the time to another factory reset outside of the initial encounter with the problem 8 months ago.

I am much less likely to drop the service now that I have figured out a pseudo-workaround, taking the time out to choose the point in the episode/movie I’m leaving off on using the phone app is a bit of a hassle, but I love the value and content of the service, and I retain hope that this will eventually be fixed.

3 Likes

Yes, Applejack is very helpful.

I really need the dive back in Option brought back! This is the only app on my phone! I love DC universe! Love every bit of it! It broke from social media too! I hope it’s around all long long time! So… that’s it! Just want the dive back in Option brought back! Thanks! Rock n Roll!

1 Like

I would like the ability to “sign up” for a community event so the app could send me a notification when it’s getting ready to start. Maybe a user-based setting for how long before start time to send the notification as well?

1 Like

That’s a cool idea!

When I’m reading a comic on this service using my tablet, it is extremely difficult to go back to the home page of DC Universe. I have to hit the back button scrolling back through all the issues I just read.

3 Likes

I saw the Joker Last Laugh collection. Loving having the Core Issues and the Full Issues. Looking forward to having other major events with tie-ins use this system.

2 Likes

@RiffPowerchord It’s so good to hear that you’re enjoying the app! The Dive Back In button is still available on the main page of DC Universe, but thank you for letting us know you want it back in other areas! :green_heart:

@GL-Batophobia Ooooh, that’s a really good idea! As usual, no promises, but I’ll be tossing this up for review! In the meantime it looks like you can add events to a Google Calendar! By clicking the “Add to calendar” button in the event calendar’s list view!

From there it looks like you can edit the notifications and what not inside Google Calendar.

@tonycan81 Understood! I’ll send this feedback up to our team. Thanks for letting us know!

@grassy_roots Woohoo! Glad you like it. :grin:

3 Likes

A section in comics for current ongoing series would be pretty great.

2 Likes

Something I’d like to see: little arrows that say “Next issue” and “Previous issue” when you’re viewing a comic’s synopsis page. Would be very helpful for when you’re browsing a lengthy series like Action Comics. If you search up “Action Comics #132” and view that issue’s info, but then you wanna view #133’s info, there’s no really quick way to access it. You’d either have to go back to the search page, or you’d have to go to “View full series” and scroll through hundreds of issues until you reach the one you want.

I hope I made that clear. Sometimes I’m bad about conveying these things through writing lol. For an example of what I mean, check out Marvel Unlimited. If you click on an issue there, you can immediately click an arrow to view the next issue or previous issue without having to visit any other pages.

3 Likes

Agreed on all points.

Something that can make things easier on browser, though: When you’re not sure which issue you want, right click and open in a new tab instead of just clicking.

You don’t always know that you’ll want to see a different issue and you can’t do it on mobile, so it’s not a solution, but just in case it helps.

1 Like

Can you please add a “View full page on enter and/or exit” feature on the comics reader? I know you can double tap on the iPad, but it would be nice to be able to see the whole page without having to do that. Also, if you read in couch mode on your Apple TV or other big screen device, you can’t see the whole page at all, which is kind of frustrating. Thanks!

2 Likes

Fantastic group of suggestions, all! We love it when you give detailed tips on aspects of the service that could be adjusted to help make for a better user experience, so we thank you for sharing these with us, and going into specifics about device, too! :slight_smile: I’m noting them all now, and no worries, @Aylex, you did a great job explaining!

4 Likes

Just now decided to browse the movies section. A total of twenty five movies? What gives?

1 Like

Movies are rotated in and out every month. Check the Watchtower forums as the moderators let us know what’s coming and going every month. Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I know that these things fluctuate, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they (and hopefully the Nolan movies) returned, but I’m still upset that I can’t watch them. Kinda hard to sing the praises of this service as “Everything DC” when its only really “Everything Animated in DC” half the time.

3 Likes

i think it’s all just “Rights” to the movies. I agree DC Universe should have EVERYTHING DC, but I understand Capitalism…

2 Likes

Hopefully once HBO Max comes out and everything is settle, they can maybe try to bring the movie back on here. I do miss seeing the films on here. And hopefully add more DC films on here like Green Lantern and The Man Of Steel. :gl_hv_1: :superman_hv_1:

2 Likes