MASTER TOPIC: What Do You Like About DC Universe? And What Would You Change?

Agreed. DCU CEO needs to rethink how to keep its content without trading it out for stuff we, as its fan base, is not interested in. For example, why haven’t they included Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Justice League and Shazam??? If this was Disney Plus, it would already be on there. When are they going to consider on making this app better for its fans before we start cancelling our memberships?

4 Likes

Like I understand that this isnt the Disney+ but they should make enough money from us to put a good bit of their movies on here. I think they spend to much time on doing the talk show and pod cast type stuff then they do with the movie and TV content

4 Likes

They have made this app better for fans. When it started, it had hardly any comics. Now it has tens of thousands.

These questions have been answered countless times. Use the search feature to find the answers.

4 Likes

Understanding that they have improved the reading material, the same truths aren’t correct about the movie content or tv shows.

4 Likes

I like to buy my own reading material. I dont need this app for that. I pay for it to watch the movies and tv shows which they are surely lacking in

1 Like

Then you will want this: https://www.hbomax.com/

However, I will note that some of the Justice League animated movies will be returning next month:

3 Likes

So in order for them to add stuff they already had they have to get rid of half their content now

2 Likes

Again, that question has been answered ad nauseam. The short answer: licensing agreements with other streaming services, which may be moot by May with the launch of HBO Max.

If you want to make constructive requests for specific films, here’s the thread:

Your suggestions will be passed on to the right people there.

4 Likes

I will say that I am disappointed by the lack of movie content. My best guess would be that WB has plans for their own larger streaming service designed to compete with Netflix, Disney+, etc…Removing content for here gives WB “exclusive content” for other services.

2 Likes

As @AlexanderKnox and many of us have stated before, it has to do with licensing agreements made prior to the creation of DC Universe.

2 Likes

@AlexanderKnox there’s always one, isn’t there? Lol

2 Likes

I’d really like to see a Windows PC app as I’m actually only streaming over my PC and the website is sometimes very slow.

How can I watch DC Universe programming on my Smart TV (Samsung). I was told the Amazon Fire stick would work (but it doesn’t) and I dont have ROKU (nor did I plan on getting it). I looked for an app, doesnt appear to be one.

I know I can watch it on my phone but if any of you have a partner who would literally murder you for watching Titans without them you can understand why I want it on my TV. What options do I have? When I Google it I get mounds of pages with little to no specific details on how to play it beyond Android, Apple TV, and Roku.

Is that it? Really?

They won’t make smart tv apps. I have a FireTV and am waiting too, but I also have a chromecast which works great. You can also load dc universe on a fire tv by using the aptoidtv app. Works great as a workaround

2 Likes

I have a smart TV in my phone and when I’m trying to watch the DC Universe on my TV I download it to mirror my TV and about maybe 8 minutes now it’s still downloading why does it take so long to download for my phone to my TV

1 Like

Joe,

So if I get the 35$ chromecast dongle Im good to go?

2 Likes

I have a samsung tablet and a samsung tv. I just mirror the tablet. It sucks to pause ff or rw but it works

The casting icon is not showing up to watch titans. Any one else having this issue.

1 Like

Do you know why they won’t make the app?

What would also be really cool is that you could export the comics to PDF or ePUB to read them on ebook readers. Something similar to Google Play Books. I know that this is a technical challenge (because of DRM), but not impossible!