Masters at your craft, you excelled at last week’s theme, making us think of Leviathan in an assortment of ways and forms, both surprising and mind-blowing! To say you sure know how to keep us at the edge of our seats is quite the understatement, and each of your songs was certainly worthy of being the theme for so feared an organization!
For those who missed out, you can see the list of songs chosen below!
- “The Kraken,” by Hanz Zimmer (from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest)
- “Davy Jones,” by Hanz Zimmer (from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest)
- “Monster,” by Steppenwolf
- “The Leviathan," by James Newton Howard (from Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
- “Leviathan,” by Volbeat
- “I Crush Everything,” by Jonathan Coulton
- “Ship is Sinking,” by Ye Banished Privateers
- “White Knuckles,” by Alter Bridge
- “Slip To The Void,” by Alter Bridge
- “Down,” by Breaking Benjamin
- “Don’t Bring Me Down,” by The Electric Light Orchestra
- “The World is Not Enough,” by Garbage (from The World Is Not Enough)
- “If I Needed You,” by Joey + Rory
- “Nobody Does It Better,” by Carly Simon (from The Spy Who Loved Me)
- “Mission: Impossible,” by Lalo Schifrin (Theme from Mission: Impossible)
- “No Place That Far,” by Sara Evans
- “Where Does My Heart Beat Now,” by Celine Dion
- “End of Line” (Remixed by Boys Noize), by Daft Punk (from TRON: Legacy Reconfigured)
- “Thought Contagion,” by MUSE
- “Art of Doubt,” by Metric
- “Man of Steel,” by Black Francis
- “The Beast of Pirate’s Bay,” by Voltaire
- “Ra - The Sun God,” by David Arnold (from Stargate)
- “Baseball Furies Chase,” by Barry De Vorzon
- “Champagne,” by Ann-Margret and Roger Daltrey (from Tommy)
- “Sanctuary,” by Fun Boy Three
- “Mirror Man,” by The Human League
- “There Ain’t Half Been Some Clever Bastards,” by Ian Dury & The Blockheads
- “#1 Crush” (Nellee Hooper Mix), by Garbage
- “The Man with the Golden Gun,” by Lulu (From The Man with the Golden Gun)
- “A View To A Kill,” by Duran Duran
- “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap,” by Joan Jett
- “Warm Leatherette,” by The Normal
- “Opportunities (Let’s Make Lots of Money),” by Pet Shop Boys
- “Killer Queen,” by Queen
- “Situation” (U.S. 12" Mix), by Yazoo
- “Maschine Brennt,” by Falco
- “Einzelhaft,” by Falco
- “That’s the Way the Money Goes,” by M
- “Red Cold River,” by Breaking Benjamin
- “The Deep End,” by Crossfade
- “Live And Let Die,” by Paul McCartney & Wings (from Live and Let Die)
- “Jimmy Olsen’s Blues,” by Spin Doctors
- “Watching The Detectives,” by Elvis Costello
- “Lucifer Sam,” by Pink Floyd
- “Message In A Bottle,” by The Police
- “Save Me,” by Remy Zero
- “True Dreams of Wichita,” by Soul Coughing
- “Night on Bald Mountain” by Modest Mussorgsky
- “4’33”,” by John Cage
This Week’s Theme:
DCeased - Zombie Fighting
Continuing on with last week’s suspenseful trek into the great unknown, DC’s spending this week celebrating our having added DCeased to the service! To do so, we’re going from one end of the spectrum to the opposite, from the ocean and all that’s hidden within its depths, to dry land and the creatures that lurk upon its great expanse.
For those of you unfamiliar with DCeased, it features a world in turmoil as people fall victim to a zombie-like state, and as such, we’re left wondering what your zombie apocalypse playlist would sound like (or sounds like… if you’re like us and already have one, lol). Would you choose songs that lift your spirit, or songs better suited for the long spells of traveling you’d do looking for supplies?
What other parts of life would inspire a theme song or two? Let us know below!
While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!
Curious what Mixtape Monday is?
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!