🎶 Mixtape Monday: FanDome Fun! 🎶

Happy Mixtape Monday, all!

We have good news to share with all of you - it seems our Krypton playlist was found to be a success… both on this planet and elsewhere! But, honestly, can less than that honestly be expected after looking at the list of songs you shared? Not only were they perfect fits for the feel of the show and the characters chosen, but it did its own part in restoring honor to the House of El, and for that, we send kudos!
:superman_hv_1:

Click the arrow to see the full list of what you came up with, below!
  • Zayde Wolf’s “Save Tonight" (fromKrypton)
  • Krypton Theme Suite by Hans Zimmer (from the Man of Steel OST)
  • “Uprising,” by Muse
  • “Miley Tibetan Bowlzz,” by Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz
  • “Before Your Very Eyes,” by Atoms for Peace
  • “No Time for Love Like Now,” by Michael Stipe and Big Red Machine
  • “Do You Realize?,” by The Flaming Lips
  • “Hope,” by Justin E. Bell (from The Outer Worlds)
  • “It’s The End Of The World,” by R.E.M.
  • “You Can Make It If You Try,” by Sly & The Family Stone
  • “Papa Don’t Take No Mess,” by James Brown
  • “Willing & Able,” by Prince & the New Power Generation
  • “Swing Down, Sweet Chariot w/ Mothership Landing,” by Parliament Funkadelic
  • “Dance With the Devil,” by Breaking Benjamin
  • “Torn in Two,” by Breaking Benjamin
  • “Get Up,” by Trapt
  • “My Hero,” by The Foo Fighters
  • “Bad Company,” by Bad Company
  • “Brainiac,” by Chevelle
  • “Smooth Criminal,” by Alien Ant Farm
  • “Monster,” by Imagine Dragons
  • “Warrior,” by Disturbed
  • “Battle Cry,” by Imagine Dragons
  • “Relocation,” by Feed Me
  • “ARTPOP,” by Lady Gaga
  • “Civil War," by Guns and Roses
  • “Symphony of Destruction," by Megadeath
  • “End of the World” (Acoustic Version), by Cold (from Resident Evil 2)
  • “Madman," by Silverchairs

This Week’s Theme:
Geeky Tunes + DC FanDome Fun

Only a few more days until it arrives! Yes, you heard us right… DC FanDome is fast-approaching, and with it comes a 24-hour long extravaganza featuring an assortment of events including new announcements, and the opportunity to hear from cast members and the creators of your favorite DC films, shows, and comics!

As you can probably tell, we. are. geeking. OUT, and can’t wait to have all of you join us for what’s to come this weekend! :partying_face: We’d also like to know - what tunes would be on your version of a geek-tastic playlist created to get you hyped for an upcoming convention? Cartoon theme songs? Movie, show, or video game soundtracks? What tunage is getting you pumped up and ready for Saturday?

Let us know in the comment section below! :nerd_face:

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

7 Likes

Oh man, it took me forever to find this song, despite it being such a staple in my musical diet while growing up, lol. Curious if any of you’ve ever heard it before? :eyes:

“Video Game Song” (Nightcore Version), by Jaki Rose

Side note: To our lovely Music Mixers, new and old, my apologies for being missing in action as of late. I was recovering from ailments I’ve made mention of occasionally in passing that made typing difficult (hard lesson learned: ergonomics = important), so it’s taken a bit to catch up. Almost done doing so, however (minor flare up this weekend, but yes, the others will all be responded to :heart:), so early apologies for the sudden influx of notifications you might receive (+ my distantly heard “mwahaha!”) after the Kraken is unleashed. :eyes:
9 Likes

hope you’re feeling better and better each day @MissInkBlot :tea: :honey_pot:

4 Likes

Of course:

8 Likes

Excellent @ralphsix! :raised_hands:t3:
Just gonna park this baby right here…

Ok now who wants to grab Batman? :sunglasses:

8 Likes

That one’s all Mine!

9 Likes

https://youtu.be/z9BL59uiAz8 I’ll be hecked if this playlist goes without A Beautiful Lie!

4 Likes

How do you guys post your videos all pretty like?

2 Likes

Here is my “geek” playlist for the week.

Theme to Batman Beyond

DJ

Aladdin Sane

Whip in my valise

Desperado

So LA

All the young dudes

There’s a moon in the sky

Bad reputation

Waiting for the night

Off and running (Leslie Gore)

So long baby, goodbye

If this seemed like an odd assortment, well then I guess it succeeded. :loud_sound:

7 Likes

Pasting the URL from a computer usually works best.

3 Likes

Here is a good one that has me pumped a bit…

6 Likes

Well, if geeky is the theme… I could go on for quite a bit. But I’ll try to limit myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s start with movies:
“Throne Room/End Title”, by Galactic Empire

And I probably should throw in something DC related this week of course…
“An Ideal of Hope Meets Metal”, by 331Erock

Now on to video games:
“The Legend Of Zelda”, by August Burns Red

And surprisingly I can throw in some classy this week!
“Super Mario Bros. Tap Dance Medley”, by Postmodern Jukebox (ft. Demi Remick)

6 Likes

I think…? this would count as a cappella :thinking:
Just replace the burger with DC Fandome

4 Likes

Very cool

2 Likes

This song has a good beat and it’s easy to fight crime to:

4 Likes

Ah DC FanDome MissInkBlot… Looking forward to a lot of things that they have offered on the schedule! :grin:

Thank you for also sharing that tune as I had not heard it before! :musical_note: :sunglasses: :+1:

Now… For my list, I’ll start with this tune from AC/DC to capture my overall excitement for it. :smiley:

This next AC/DC tune also captures what I will be thinking about when it gets to the Black Adam and Shazam panels… :cloud_with_lightning:

This next tune will keep me going and the energy high throughout the event. :metal: :sunglasses:

Also keeping the energy up with be none other than this tune. :muscle::smiley:

I also have to include some New Order as well @ashleywilbanks! :superman_hv_4:

And to conclude, it would be to have all the themes for the shows that I’ve fit on my schedule. :smiley:

5 Likes

Well, can’t have “Geek Week” without …

“Geek Boogie”, by Ira Newborn and the Geeks and yes I’m gonna poach a couple other songs from Sixteen Candles soundtrack. Michael Anthony Hall was the King of Geeks, dorks, dipwads, whatever he called himself, maybe it was just leader :thinking:
“Kazooed on Klassics”, by The Temple City Kazoo Orchestra, and

“Rev Up”, by The Revillos, yep I even get movin to this song. Not very good but.

While searching for these on YouTube I came across “The Peter Gunn Theme”, performed by Poison Ivy of The Cramps, (this was the first time I heard it and thought this would be a cool add-in), and how about the opening credit theme song to the 1970s Wonder Woman TV show. Are those okay for DC tie ins?

Lastly the theme music to Johnny Quest, both opening and closing music from the 1960’s show. This is one of my favorite theme songs, I even bought a Hanna-Barbera theme song cd to have it. It was before downloads and yes I still own it.

Thanks, everyone have a good week.

4 Likes

With the Supergirl comic cancelled and the show on a long hiatus I was really excited for the Supergirl panel, but then you know, it turns out it is the only show without a panel. So this song kind of channels the Supergirl fandom at the moment.

3 Likes

I think this song is appropriate for the Fandome because if Steven Tyler doesn’t want to miss a thing, neither do any of us in the Fandome.
4 Likes