Hello, party people!
Last week’s tunes had us dancing in
the streets our seats together, feline fine, and tossing the confetti in honor of the woman of the hour: Catwoman! Much to her surprise, the distance apart mattered little, and our get-together still resulted in a mewsical experience to remember - with our showing up dressed to the nine (lives!), we were ready to party with a playlist of songs so catchy and well-chosen that she’s still purring along to them as we speak! Way to show you weren’t kitten around, guys!
…Okay, okay, I’ll stop now, I promise!
Anyhoo, see our doozy of a full list of songs below!
- Cat Lore,” by Klaus Badelt (from Catwoman)
- “Get Some,” by Lykke Li
- “Face to Face,” by Siouxsie and the Banshees (from Batman Returns)
- “The Perfect Crime #2,” by The Decemberists
- “Cat People (Putting Out Fire),” by David Bowie
- “Money,” by Caroline Rose
- “Society Hook,” by Shayfer James
- “Why Don’t You Do Right?” by Peggy Lee
- “Dance, Dance, Christa Paffgen,” by Anberlin
- “Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress),” by The Hollies
- “Breaking the Law,” by Judas Priest
- “Cat Scratch Fever,” by Ted Nugent
- “Smooth Criminal,” by Michael Jackson
- “Been Caught Stealin’,” by Jane’s Addiction
- “Holy Diver,” by Dio
- “Dani California,” by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
- “Layla,” by Derek and the Dominos
- “She’s a Lady,” by Tom Jones
- “Angel,” by Massive Attack
- “Glory Box,” by Portishead
- “Down Boy,” by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- “Nobody Knows Me,” by Madonna
- “Whatever Lola Wants,” by Sarah Vaughan
- “Habanera,” by The London Philharmonic Orchestra (from Carmen)
- “Shadow Woman,” by The Growlers
- “More,” by Peaches
- “I Get Mine,” by The Ettes
- “I Want To Be Evil,” by Eartha Kitt
- “Just an Old Fashioned Girl,” by Eartha Kitt
- “Ode to Joy,” by Beethoven
- “I Am a Rock,” by Simon and Garfunkel
- “The Siamese Cat Song,” by Peggy Lee (from Lady and the Tramp)
- “Diamonds Are Forever,” by Shirley Bassey (from Diamonds Are Forever)
- “Everybody Wants to Be a Cat,” by Scatman Crothers, Phil Harris, Thurl Ravenscroft, Robie Lester, and Liz English (from The Aristocats)
- “At the End of the Day,” by Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway (from Les Misérables)
- “The Cure,” by The Lovecats
- “Drops of Jupiter,” by Train
- “Am I Blue” by Kevin Conroy (from Justice League Unlimited)
- “Maneater,” by Hall & Oates
- “China Cat Sunflower,” by Grateful Dead
- “What’s New Pussycat,” by Bob Marley and the Wailers
- “Stray Cat Strut,” by The Stray Cats
- “Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty,” by EcoKids Club
- “Purr,” by Sonic Youth
- “Stray Cat Blues,” by The Rolling Stones
- “Pussycat Blues,” by Bo Carter
This Week’s Theme:
The Joker’s 80th Anniversary
This April’s a busy one in terms of anniversaries in the DC Universe, it seems, and this week, we’re following up with another belonging to Mistah J, himself! But since you found so many great songs for him during our first foray into Mixtape Meta Madness a few weeks ago, we’d like you to find a few more songs for the Clown Prince of Crime, but the twist is that this week, the goal’s to find music he’d hate for us to play at his surprise party.
The question of the week: How does one drive a super-sane maniac… insane?
Have any tunes in mind that’d push all the right buttons in all the wrong, naughty ways?
How’s about ya do Harley a solid and share them in the comments below!
While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!
Curious what Mixtape Monday is?
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!