🎶 Mixtape Monday: What Song Makes You Check for Red Skies? 🎶

Hello, DC Family!

:notes: Mixtape Monday :notes: has arrived, and with it comes a new playlist for your listening pleasure!

• “The Flash Theme,” by Blake Neely
  • “Can’t Pretend,” by Tom Odell
  • “Save Me,” by Remy Zero (Smallville Theme Song)
  • “Supergirl Theme,” by Blake Neely
  • “Journey (Ready To Fly),” by Natasha Blume
  • “Harnessing Anger,” by Blake Neely (from Supergirl)
  • “Opening Titles,” by Rob Lane (from John Adams)

This Week’s Theme:
What Song Makes You Check for Red Skies?

Take warning, for the skies are red this morning, and as our brilliant Crisis On Infinite Clubs members have been discussing, that’s a sign something’s gone awry and needs fixing! :hammer_and_wrench:

Have a song you like that warns of oncoming trouble? Or one so ominous, it sends a shiver down your spine and makes you wanna check to ensure the sky’s not gone red outside your window, too? Let us know what comes to mind in the comments below!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

7 Likes

To help out, I’ll give you a few examples of where you can go with this week’s theme:

I’m going to be Captain Obvious this week with Status Quo’s “Red Sky,” because noting the obvious has its place, too, and I like how the song’s tempo juxtaposes the danger described: “I had a red sky behind me, I had the bad guys on my tail…” :notes:

An example of something that give me the willies is Clint Mansell’s “Lux Aeterna” from Requiem for a Dream. It gives the impression something’s about to go down… and that whatever it is ain’t good. :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

Red Lights, by Tiesto.

It has “red” in the title, and a lyric of “We’re going to make it now.”, which conveys a sense of optimism , so I’d say it works. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Vroom - and I’d agree with you - I like where you decided to go with this week’s theme! Tiesto’s always great for a good pick-me-up. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When I think of Red Sky, I’d think of Krypton theme from the classic Superman film. :grinning:

3 Likes

This was a tough one.

Depeche Mode’s “Two Minute Warning” felt like a good choice, I also considered Depeche Mode’s Pimpf for it\s unsettling qualities, and a few others but ended up with Clem Snide’s “The Sound of German Hip-Hop”.

It capture’s something terrible in an unavoidable apocalypse and wraps it in an eerie hopeless beauty. There is that element of hoping for your heroes to know what to do. There are also two lines that made me think of being caught in that antimatter wave:

“All my life I’ve never known a moment quite so still.
Like space that’s being emptied at the same time that it’s filled.”

1 Like

Creedence Clearwater revival- bad moon rising
The Animals- house of the rising sun

Wish we could do this more often:sob: I love mixtape Monday’s!

2 Likes

I mean, really…

4 Likes

@ralphsix Oh cool, the song REM did for Independence Day. :wink:

@MissInkBlot I loves me some Tiesto. After suggesting Red Lights, I listened to it about 10 times in a row. Turns out, its a good work motivation song.

1 Like

Apocalypse:

Crimson Day

1 Like

For the crisis. I made this choice cause when Cornell says no one feels like you anymore- means different heroes an villains from multiple earths and multiple earths appearing, nothing feels right anymore as skies turn red, everything falls apart with arrival of anti monitor that destroys those universes.

1 Like

The Killers - Run for Cover

2 Likes

Did Independence Day have red skies? They totally should have had red skies.

2 Likes

Radioactive - Imagine Dragons

It may have lines like, “This is it, the apocalypse,” but it certainly makes the end of the world sound pretty awesome

5 Likes

No, just skies filled with 15 mile wide, city vaporizing, Destroyer-class spaceships.

Along with Mary McDonnell. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh that’s the song I was gonna say! That is a great song and imagine dragons is the best! I agree with you.

1 Like

can’t touch that Requiem theme, that film is just oh my god

this one is the moment the red sky dissipates, ominous but redemptive

3 Likes

Bravo. :clap:

1 Like

The Ballad of Barry Allen by Jim’s Big Ego

4 Likes