Monthly Art Challenge: January Submission Thread. がんばって!

Thanks!!:grin:

4 Likes

Thanks! I also tried to capture the style in the goggles as well. Plus I know how techy the manga pictures can get so I tried to overdo the details on his heat gun.

5 Likes

I know. I think it is much easier focusing on one character than a whole team. I originally had laid out the whole team but then found it easier to draw one at a time then I could sketch in the neighboring character and draw that one before continuing. Made the team shot easier and more in proportion

5 Likes

The darker haired girl to the right in the picture or left? One is Nora Darhk and the other is Zari. The center blonde is Sara Lance, White Canary. With her assassin training she seemed to fit style very well

5 Likes

Ok, a lot to break down here. First, they all look amazing! B, Bruce is awesome! You got the brooding and the fun cute kawaii looks blended so well! 7, I need this Jon and your previous Shayera to be together!! 44, Supes seems even more boy scouty than ever. Didn’t know that was possible! 1,000,000, your color markers(?) are freaking amazing! I love your palette choices and blending! Great work, thank you for these!

4 Likes

Wow, thank you so much!! Glad I got Bruce’s broody look across, it took me several tries and helpful feedback to do so! And thanks for your compliments on the blending!! :pray: I was using alcohol-based markers for this challenge to brighten up the colors. :blush:

3 Likes

@Z-A-C
That’s looks awesome™:+1:. Especially like shining behind him.
Other one great face. Like the background too.

@RobArt471
That look awesome™:+1:
The leaf wings feel very anime. The details are crazy.
The Super Sons one is great. Johns expression and the crazed Damian.
Again the awesome™:+1: details.

@Hyperia90
Very awesome™:+1:
Interesting to see HG in a different light. Is great.
Wally looks great.
Manhunter looks so innocent
:wonderwoman:onderful WW
Bats nose how to brood and pose for photos at the same time.
John ready to go
And Supes alway happy.
Very awesome™:+1:

@darkstarz
Awesome™:+1:
The Harley is adorable and the Wonder Woman came out nicely.

@JKoco17
That looks awesome™:+1:
Looks like a nice concept for a GL comic Cover.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Awesome™:+1:
It odd when Legends feels like it would make a fun and weird anime.:sweat_smile:

@KingOfTheWickerPeople
That is looking awesome™:+1:

4 Likes

I did Swamp thing. Wanted to do Inoue Takehiko’s ink/paint style but wanted to do Studio Ghibli’s style too. So I mixed and made Abby in the SG style.
Also add swampy blooming some cherry blossom pedal because there awesome™:+1:.

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s quite as Amano-esque as the sketches.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, this is amazing! Between Abby’s braid and the petals, I’m getting “Castle in the Sky” vibes!! Swampy looks great too. Great job!!

2 Likes

This came out great!! Her face retained that Amano style and I LOVE what you did with her cape!! Nice work on the background colors as well!:ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m pretty pleased with the results, other than that empty space at the bottom. I should have cropped a bit. :stuck_out_tongue: The background colors were inspired a bit by the look of Azarath in one of the early NTT issues.

3 Likes

Tbh, I like the empty space at the bottom because it contributes to the bleak, icy look around her and also keeps her hovering in the center!

3 Likes

This turned out great! I love the cherry blossom leaves flying in the wind! They look so elegant and they contrast nicely with Swampy. :+1:

I think it captured it just right. Then the background sells it! Great job! :clap: