Movies Suddenly Added Then Removed

Any one else notice that there was a suicide squad animated movie and the teen Titans Judas contract added just a week or less ago? And now they’re gone? It was all just really sudden and I didn’t have a chance to watch them

2 Likes

Ah man, I didn’t notice that, but I was planning on watching Judas contract soon.

That’s weird that they’d do that.

1 Like

Unfortunately, a few items had to be removed recently. You can read more about it here.

4 Likes

yes I just watched suicide squad: hell to Pay like yesterday and now its gone .

Every streaming service does that, it doesn’t means the movie is gone for good, it’s due to licensing contract. So hopefully it’ll be back soon, like The Watchmen was here then gone for a while and now it’s back.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I figure it’ll be less of an issue with HBO Max launching.

2 Likes

Rotating list of things to create the illusion of a lot of content IMO. Otherwise, why would a DC platform have DC related content that can “expire”?

Now that HBO Max is coming out, I’m not sure how they are gonna deal with cannibalizing one another. HBO Max will probably get the better stuff since it reaches more people though.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Reaganfan78 for bringing up an excellent point!

1 Like

That’s exactly my thoughts. It’ll be less of a problem because HBO will have everything. :grimacing:

2 Likes

But I don’t have HBO. I can’t take it to the max! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

yeah. I just went to watch Judas Contract and now it’s gone

1 Like

Judas Contract is highly underrated.

1 Like

In general, people just need to accept that they need to finish ANY movie on the service before the end of the month.

In this particular case, it seems like someone behind the scenes fumbled the ball.

3 Likes

I’m always a little baffled to see posts like that. I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt that some didn’t see the posts in the Watchtower forums, but you also get that handful of people who are waiting until a movie is gone to start a fuss. That small group are the ones that are frustrating.

2 Likes

Weren’t those movies added back in February? I checked the coming soon post and that is when they were announced.

Granted, they didn’t give us much notice and it was well after saying nothing will be removed that week first, and while I am sure there were circumstances that was annoying. But it was hardly less then a week ago.

https://community.dcuniverse.com/t/coming-soon-last-chance-february-2020/582345

5 Likes

Granted, COVID-19 has probably made us all lose our sense of the passage of time. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s just baffling that these movies disappear at all. I mean WB/DC related movies on a WB/DC owned platform “expiring”? It’s not like Netflix or Hulu where they license most of their stuff.

Hell, most of their Original series don’t just vanish either (I’m referring to shows/movies actually produced in house by Netflix). So unless those titles weren’t actually made by WB/DC (Judas Contract, Suicide Squad), I don’t get why they’d ever expire.

1 Like

Other streaming sites arrange for temporary exclusivity. It’s only with the movies.

1 Like

Yes, I mentioned that Netflix and Hulu license a lot of their stuff. So my confusion comes from, if Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay and Judas Contract are produced and distributed by Warner Bros./DC related companies, why would they ever expire?

My thought is that the media for DC isn’t that deep so to create the illusion of depth, they switch their stuff in and out despite not having a true “expiration” date. That’s bogus IMO.

1 Like

WB isn’t licensing these films FROM someone. It’s licensing them TO someone. For instance, Netflix might pay for the movies to be exclusively on their services for this month, so WB will take them off this site and give them to Netflix.

1 Like