Got a favorite recipe from Negative Man? Can you bake a pie as good as Martha Kent’s? Ever had a dream of opening your own DC themed restaurant? Like showing off how good (or bad) your food looks? Just… enjoy food?
Ready those ovens, dust off those aprons, and get ready to make some grub! Create your way to the top and be featured as Kent’s Kitcheneer for the month in our news section!
HOW IT WORKS
- Every Monday, I’ll post a new recipe for you to try in honor of a specific theme or character.
- DC it Up! Give it a DC inspired name, take a picture with a collectible or book of its inspiration, or bake an image right into it!
- Create the recipe right in your own DC Kitchen!
- Post your results here in this thread! Good and bad, we want those pictures!
- Let us know what we should do next week by voting below.
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Red skies! The clear sign of a crisis on our hands! Take your favorite moment or piece of art in COIE and channel it into some kitchen creativity!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Last week, y’all voted for that cheesy, layered pasta, BUT due to the Anti-Monitor’s antics our example for you has, literally, gone up in smoke. However, we will NOT be defeated so easily as back-up is always to be found! So, I present to you both the recipe for our “Gone in a Flash” lasagna (in the comments) AND our (In)finite Layer Dip!
Here’s this week’s example recipe:
(In)finite Layer Dip
Serves about 20.
- 1 can 15 oz refried beans with jalapenos
- 1 can 10 ½ oz bean dip with jalapenos
- 2 large avocados
- Garlic salt to taste
- Onion salt to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 8 green onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 fresh tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 oz shredded monterey jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Mix together refried beans and bean dip.
- In a large glass container (about 1-1 ½ inches tall, make sure you can dip a chip and get all the layers!), spread bean mixture to the sides, approximately 1 ½ inch thick.
- Mash the avocados, season to taste with garlic salt, onion salt, and Tabasco.
- Spread avocado mixture over first layer.
- Dice tomatoes and cover second layer.
- Chop green onions and cover tomatoes.
- Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning; spread over existing layers.
- Spread cheeses over entire surface of dip.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Post your pictures in the comments below! We’ll be picking our favorite to feature in the news section every month. Get that Kent’s Kitcheneer title!
What should we make next week?
- Ice Cream