Got a favorite recipe from Negative Man? Can you bake a pie as good as Martha Kent’s? Ever had a dream of opening your own DC themed restaurant? Like showing off how good (or bad) your food looks? Just… enjoy food?
Ready those ovens, dust off those aprons, and get ready to make some grub! Create your way to the top and be featured as Kent’s Kitcheneer for the month in our news section!
HOW IT WORKS
- Every Monday, I’ll post a new recipe for you to try in honor of a specific theme or character.
- DC it Up! Give it a DC inspired name, take a picture with a collectible or book of its inspiration, or bake an image right into it!
- Create the recipe right in your own DC Kitchen!
- Post your results here in this thread! Good and bad, we want those pictures!
- Let us know what we should do next week by voting below.
Get sweet and go crazy! Just… not too crazy. Keep it safe and within the kitchen, folks! Put the mallet down! Puddings don’t need mallets… or bats!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Last week, y’all voted for that sweet, but sometimes savory treat:
Here’s this week’s example recipe:
Harley’s Clownin’ Around Puddin’
- 1 5.1 oz package vanilla instant pudding (Or other flavor of pudding you can food color!)
- 3 cups cold milk (Make sure to double check this with the pudding box, just in case!)
- 1 can of whipped topping
- Red and blue food coloring (gel works best!)
- Red and blue sprinkles
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding together until there’s no lumps left (about 2 mins)
- Pour half of the pudding into another container
- Tint one container’s pudding red, and the other blue
- Take a muffin tin and six small cups. Place each cup in one of the muffin tin openings at an angle
- As evenly as you can, pour the blue pudding into each cup so it’s almost spilling out and angled
- Place the muffin tin with the cups carefully into the fridge and let them set for about 20 mins. Place the red pudding in the fridge around the same time for it to thicken
- Remove both puddings from the fridge. Stir the red pudding and then stand the cups upright. Spoon the red pudding into each cup.
- Add some shipped topping, then decorate with Harley-tastic sprinkles!
Post your pictures in the comments below! We’ll be picking our favorite to feature in the news section every month. Get that Kent’s Kitcheneer title!
What should we make next week?
- Layered Dips