Got a favorite recipe from Negative Man? Can you bake a pie as good as Martha Kent’s? Ever had a dream of opening your own DC themed restaurant? Like showing off how good (or bad) your food looks? Just… enjoy food?
Ready those ovens, dust off those aprons, and get ready to make some grub! Create your way to the top and get featured as Kent’s Kitcheneer for the week, with a chance to be featured in our news section!
HOW IT WORKS
Every Monday, I’ll post a new recipe for you to try in honor of a specific theme or character.
DC it Up! Give it a DC inspired name, take a picture with a collectible or book of its inspiration, or bake an image right into it!
Create the recipe right in your own DC Kitchen!
Post your results here in this thread! Good and bad, we want those pictures!
Let us know what we should do next week by voting below.
Summon all your willpower and create the tastiest tacos in the universe! (Not limited to Green Lantern Corps!)
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Last week, y’all voted for that messy goodness:
Feel free to use the recipe below (click the arrow!), or make up your own! This is kitchen creativity, my friends! No holds barred!
Hal’s Green Chile Tacos
- Roughly 8oz chicken tenderloins (or chickenless substitute!)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeno
- 2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 7oz can of diced green chiles
- 8 flour tortillas (I have a preference for the uncooked kind in the refrigerated section.)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add chicken, garlic, jalapeno, and broth. Add water to cover the chicken. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until the chicken is cooked through, roughly 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred using two forks. Keep garlic and cooking liquid. Discard jalapeno.
- In a skillet, add green chiles, shredded chicken. Dice or press garlic and added to the skillet. Cook over low heat, stirring until warmed through. Add cooking liquid from before as needed to keep the chicken moist.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, avocado, and cilantro
Post your pictures in the comments below! We’ll be picking our favorite to feature in the news section every month. Get that Kent’s Kitcheneer title!
What sort of tasty treat should we make next week?