new to comic books

Im new to comic books so I started with young justice (2011) bc I’m obsessed with young justice

Are there any really good stories that’ll grip me in (i don’t want any really popular stories that everyone knows)

7 Likes

If you liked Young Justice: Invasion, I recommend checking out Blue Beetle (2006-), which was a pretty big influence.

2 Likes

Since you’re in Young Justice mode, the original Young Justice ongoing by Peter David is alot of fun as is the current series by Brian Michael Bendis.

4 Likes

@vroom thanks you’re always helping

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I love helping out :slight_smile:

Just in case you weren’t aware, the current Young Justice ongoing isn’t on DCU. It is however a great excuse to visit Comixology or a comic store.

2 Likes

I LOVE Gotham Academy and Gotham Academy: Second Semester. They are really good mystery stories with supernatural elements and a really fun origional main cast. I cannot recomend it enough.

250px-Gotham_Academy_1.jpg

3 Likes

You could read Judas Contract but it might spoil the second half of Young Justice.

2 Likes

Definitely recommend Identity Crisis! Phenomenal story and art. Flashpoint and Final Crisis are great reads too. As for things like Young Justice, the Titans Rebirth series has been really fun to read so far. Also, recommend checking out the Supersons series that came from Rebirth as well.

1 Like

Second Gotham Academy.

3 Likes

New 52 Batman is a great place to start. One of the best comic book stories ever.

2 Likes

I’m loving the suggestions here so far and have added a few titles to my list of things to read! :smile:

@GodOfMugs and @Mae already beat me to suggesting Gotham Academy, but it certainly deserves a third recommendation. I’m thoroughly enjoying it!

2 Likes

I’ll fourth Gotham Academy. It was alot of fun.

2 Likes

Injustice is really good. I’m hooked

Depends, if you want something epic, CRisis on infinite earths.

Something off the “beat and track” Star & Stripes was a really fun series.

If you want old school, Denny O’Neil run on Batman from the late 60-early 70s. Or old 60s Legion of Super Heroes comics. Adventure Comics, 260-300. The first being were we got the first truly modern Batman. The second are nice leisurely light reading.