new to DC comics

I need some help trying to find a good comic to read should I read new 52 line or just go past it read DC rebirth.

Depends on what characters you like. Batman was good during the New 52, but if you want to read any other character I would suggest Rebirth.

If you tell us what characters you want to read about, I’m sure that the people here can suggest some stories you’d like.

1 Like

Welcome! Similar to what Awesome_Squid said, The New 52 and Rebirth are both meant as starting points for new readers. They both have pretty different high points in their titles so its really about preference. Some titles were better in the New 52 and some were better in Rebirth, so yeah, preference.

For the 2011 New 52 I recommend these titles: Batman by Snyder and Capullo, Aquaman by Johns and Reis, Justice League by Johns, Wonder Woman by Azzarello, Action Comics by Morrison and then Greg Pak, Swamp Thing by Snyder and then Charles Soule, Animal Man by Lemire, Grayson by Tom King, The Omega Men by Tom King, Batgirl by Gail Simone, Batman and Robin by Tomasi, Batman Eternal by Snyder and Tynion, Green Lantern by Johns, Demon Knights.

For the 2016 Rebirth event I recommend these: Superman by Peter Tomasi, Green Arrow by Percy, Deathstroke by Priest, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Teen Titans by Percy, Detective Comics by Tynion, Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps by Venditti, All-Star Batman by Snyder, New Superman by Gene Luen Yang, Batwoman, Wonder Woman, Flash.

Hope this helps. Dont worry if it seems overwhelming, just pick a title that sounds interesting to you and go from there. 95% of comics do a good job explaining in the beginning because they are always trying to grab new readers.

1 Like