The Big Bad Bat has ridden into battle with some pretty tough characters at his side. Some were tough as coffin nails and some weren’t even close. I am not counting Batman himself in this because if he ever did decide to play for keeps the criminal population in Gotham would drop to near zero within a month. Instead I will name those who have fought beside Batman in order of least lethal to Angel of Death level and list why.
- Tim Drake- now Red Robin is a wholesome All-American type who’d feel guilty swatting a spider. A master computer guy he can hold his own in a fight but he is no killer.
- Stephanie Brown- now Spoiler, Tim’s love interest. She has been Spoiler, Robin, Batgirl and now Spoiler again. I place her as slightly more dangerous then Tim because she was “killed” by Black Mask and I feel that toughened her up. Also one of the reason’s Batman fired her as Robin was her willingness to use lethal blows against serial killer Zsasz. Something Tim never did.
- Barbara Gordon- now Oracle. Babs first donned the Batgirl persona mainly out of fan devotion to Batman, which was wrong. But later received an education from the Bat. She is not a killer, but is willing to walk through fire to protects civilians and aide her comrades.
- Katherine Kane- now Batwoman. I place her as more dangerous then Babs due to her willingness to shoot people. Raised by a Special Forces father and having received some of the same training as Batman, she is a lethal lady. Unlike her cousin Bruce, Kate is willing to ensure certain bad guys never bother the world again.
- Damian Wayne- now Robin. Why do I place the grandson of Ra’s al Ghul so low on the Dangerous List? Because he’s not a killer, save in self defense or to protect someone in the heat of battle. Yes he was raised by an elite society of assassins, yes his maternal grandfather and mom were sociopathic. But Damian kept his soul through it, proven by the fact that his father was able to ensure he didn’t kill. Yes, Damian can be a very dangerous adversary, but those who follow have him beat.
- Selina Kyle- now Catwoman. She started off as one of the Bat’s top foes, slowly won his respect, no easy fete, became his ride or die and broke his heart. She’s been a thief, a vigilante, an avenger and she killed Black Mask. I make her more dangerous than Damian because she is never caught off guard, always having a plan, backup plan and back-backup plan.
- Dick Grayson- now Nightwing. He was the first child to follow a dark figure into the darkness cesspool of Gotham City, the first Robin to face such players as Joker, Penguin, Two Face and Killer Croc. Later he’d be an operative for Spyril, a dark intelligence service. He’d be a Bludhaven cop and then wiseguy. He has led several teams of people who all had more power then him but followed him loyally. If he ever turned to the darkside he’d give Damian nightmares.
- Jason Todd- now Red Hood. He has killed, many times. He has killed killers. He made the Joker his plaything, tore apart Black Mask’s operations, kicked Penguins fat tukis and killed many heavy hitters. He was Robin, he was killed by Joker, betrayed by his mom and brought back by the league of assassins. Only Batman, and maybe one or two others would stand a chance against him.
- Cassandra (Cain) Wayne- now Orphan. Daughter of a monster and one of the most lethal women on Earth. She was raised by said monster to be a living weapon. Before she was ten she had killed professional killers. Yet her inner strength was such that she was able to step from the darkness with Batman’s aide and continued her training under his tutelage. Just as Batman has secret strategies for taking out the Justice League, I have no doubt Cassie has mental notes on how to terminate the entire bat Family.