OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Thursday Night!

Hi Applejack, this time a real question, Do you know when DC Universe will release Shazam #1 comic from last year to the DC Library, I really can’t wait to read it! :grinning:

4 Likes

Hi Applejack, with DC Library having so many comics, is DC still doing the rotating thing or they’re done with that?

3 Likes

Hiya Applejack! Welcome home - I do hope your time away from us was relaxing. We are quite the handful at times. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So I’ll jump right into it: by my estimation, if DCU releases Harley Quinn one episode at a time, that should last until the middle of February 2020, leaving us with no weekly Originals. Here’s my thinking on possible premieres to fill that Friday time slot:

-According to my sources in Atlanta, Doom Patrol Season 2 is filming as we speak. (Type. Whatever.) So it’s possible that it could premiere in late February, though that seems like a tight production schedule what with the holidays and all. However, DPS2 has also been listed as being part of HBO Max, which is currently scheduled for launch in May of 2020, so that puts a DCU debut in doubt.
-Stargirl is announced for Q2, so that probably won’t make the Feb 2020 date.
-Titans S3, Bizarro World, Young Justice S4 and the back 13 episodes of Harley probably won’t be ready in time.
-It’s possible that the new DCYou Unscripted series could be up and running by that time.
-Something new and special and as-yet unannounced could be revealed.

So my questions are these:
-Is there a plan already in place for that Friday Originals slot? (It’s okay if you can’t tell us what it is - I’m more curious about the timing of your 2020 roadmap and DCU’s commitment to weekly Originals. Things do change, after all, and that’s okay)
-From what you know about the deals in place, is it possible Doom Patrol Season 2 could premiere on DCU in February, and then go to HBO in May? Or do the powers-that-be want a simultaneous launch? (That’s such an unbearably long wait!)

I know you’re out of the loop on a lot of this stuff, so I’m also willing to accept wild speculation on your part. :+1:

Thank you as always for your time and effort on our behalf!

3 Likes

Maybe the weakest feature of DC Universe, in my opinion, is the closed captioning on our video library. Misspellings and lack of punctuation, misidentification of core characters and concepts, and- worst of all- how they often cover hard coded subtitles when non-English dialogue is spoken with [FOREIGN LANGUAGE], making it HARDER to understand with subtitles on. It’s honestly sort of offensive as a lackluster offering to the hard of hearing and those with auditory processing issues.

I have logged my subtitle issues with Support MANY times over the past year. It’s a prevalent issue throughout the entire video archive. I was heartened to see that dissatisfaction with subtitles was present as a selectable option on a recent DC Universe survey, and I logged my issues there as well. But I have to know: is anything being done about this, or am I fighting for a lost cause?

6 Likes

I know it’s been asked a few times before, but has there been any progress on the badges? I’m still missing a few where I know I’ve already completed the requirements

6 Likes

We’ve been in the DC Universe for less than a month and it has been quite a whirlwind! I’m so blown away by the epic DC library and the level of service given to each member on the daily. Thank you to the moderators for keeping it going. You make such a difference in our lives. And @Applejack, you’re a true hero!

5 Likes

Hello @Applejack, hope your trip was fun and exciting!

My question pertains to bonus content typically found in box sets for shows/movies. When I was at a Walmart I found a box set for Doom Patrol Season 1 and saw that it had outtakes and deleted scenes. Is there any possibility of such content making its way onto this service?

5 Likes

I know it’s been asked a few times before, but has there been any progress on the badges? I’m still missing a few where I know I’ve already completed the requirements

We have a few badges like that as well. I’d love to know a bit more about the process so I know not to bother anyone and that the “wheels are in motion.” Similar to the Iceberg Lounge password, I saw that the Bouncer had been offline for a few days and that I just needed to be patient and await a reply. Great recommendation/ask, @arkhamassassin!

3 Likes

I want to do a follow up question that @arkhamassassin ask, is there a way we can see all the badges available? Is there a badge for watching all the episodes of Batman the animated series or Superman the animated series? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Awesome, @Reaganfan78! I’m not sure if this is the exhaustive list (or if there are hidden badges), but if you select a badge that you’ve achieved in your notifications, and then click the word “Badges” in blue, it shows all that I believe are available.

There’s no option to share a link but see if that works.

4 Likes

It works! I learned something new today

3 Likes

@Reaganfan78 It always throws me off when people change their icons lol. I remember Applejack considering the concept of badges for series but I’m pretty sure they’re not implemented at this time. I wouldn’t really mind though, I was looking for a reason to watch these series again for the 4th time.

3 Likes

One question…will Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
animated movie be available here soon?
Grazie!

3 Likes

Boy, this looks like it’s going to be really loooong office session. Welcome back, Ms. @Applejack!

2 Likes

:cold_face:
No vacation goes unpunished… crack knuckles

8 Likes

Hi, everyone! It’s been 3 weeks since the last one of these. Thank you to everyone who has submitted a question and has been awaiting a reply so patiently.

If you’re lurking or participating for the first time, the way this works is:

1. Folks who submitted questions earliest are answered first. This means if you asked a question nearly a moon ago, yours will be answered immediately.
  2. Those asked more recently will be answered closer to 7:30pm PST, depending on how fast I type.
  3. During this process, I eat snacks!

Without further ado, let’s begin!

10 Likes

Hiya @Applejack! Welcome back and hope you had a great trip.

I echo the badge question several others have mentioned already. I’m also curious if you know if there are plans to link comic book issues that are telling stories across several titles. An example of comics that have done that in the past are Batman and Detective Comics in the early 1980s. The way it works now requires a lot of back and forth between the two books to read the stories. Having a “Next” button that would take a reader to the next part of the story in another book would make things easier.

4 Likes

Heya @MovieAddict, we had a little back and forth before I left about the “delete” glitch. We’re releasing an update in the next week that should fix a myriad of bugs. Let’s connect on this next week to see if it was updated in the meantime, if you haven’t already seen a fix from the Krypton update last month.

3 Likes

@Applejack Nice to see you drink Sparkling Water as well. In the last two weeks, I accumulated 30 cans of Sparkling Water in my bedroom trashcan… (the entire can was just la croix bottles) Think of a mound of beer cans but replace it with la croix and remove the beer smell…

2 Likes