OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Thursday Night!

Sorry i missed it but i love going back and reading this :taco:

1 Like

OMG I just had a brilliant idea! Please pull your Applejack strings and get Erika and Josephine and maybe others into some DCU shenanigans, maybe DC Daily? All-Stars? Or you know even like the scripted stuff, I don’t care. :woman_shrugging: No need to thank me!

1 Like

I’d say third best.

1st: A tie between Late Night with David Letterman (NBC) and The Late Show with David Letterman (CBS).

2nd: Late Night with Conan O’Brien. I like Conan on TBS just fine, but his NBC gig had Max Weinberg, announcer Joel Godard, the best Triumph bits and the…um…“Happy Time” Bear.

3rd: The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Craig’s a comedic badass and Geoff was a hoot. The show hasn’t been the same at all since Corden took over.

James Corden is like Jay Leno: a very nice person in general, but a very dull talk show host.

Plus, Corden comes off as a bit of a kissass at times given how “great”, “wonderful” and “amazing” he thinks all of his guests and their work in the entertainment industry is.

puts the record needle back into the groove of @Applejack’s Greatest Hits

says dressed as a beatnik Dig that jazzy sound baby, yeah!

2 Likes

Maybe it’s cheating but my personal favorite is The Eric Andre Show.

1 Like

So that’s where Sinbad disappeared to.

I don’t care what anyone says, First Kid and Jingle All The Way are fun movies. His sitcom on Fox was fun too.

3 Likes

Love watching Jingle all the way every year for Christmas, Sinbad was hilarious in the movie! :laughing::popcorn::desktop_computer:

3 Likes

Nice dig @Aristarchus94.72134. I remember writing this a looooong time ago.

1 Like

Jingle All The Way is one of my favorite Phil Hartman movies.

If only the world could have had more movies that co-starred Arnold Schwarzenegger and Phil Hartman…

For me, one of the best things about Jingle All The Way is scoping out the real action figures that were used for set dressing, both in Jake Lloyd’s room and the assorted stores Schwarzenegger goes to.

It’s just like in Shazam! when Sivana is pursuing Shazam in the mall toy store and you see real DC toys lining the shelves, along with some clever mock-ups of toys that don’t exist but were made with toys that do exist.

3 Likes

I used to love Bob Rozakis’ Ask The Answer Man! It’s like you’re carrying on the legacy.

Any chance we can get the DC Comicmobile up and running again, too?
Bob-Rozakis-DC-Comicmoble House-Ad-DC-Comicmobile

3 Likes

Thanks @wrightline1.42741 ! I was very proud of the Luthor piece. I’m glad you enjoyed it! Serious praise eh? I’ll have to check that out! You mention “Ask The Question” and I’ll use this opportunity to give some praise of my own … @HubCityQuestion has been an awesome motivator, and his creativity has inspired to try new things. He’s also been a good friend.

And since I’m in Office Hours…a question for the Applejack herself…

How are you guys feeling prepping for con season?

4 Likes

Hey everyone! Just popping in to let folks who were asking about “Coming Soon and Last Chance” for March; there is nothing coming OR leaving the service, with the exception of:

• About 100 comic book issues
  • 5 episodes of DCU All Star Games

And a TON of Meta Madhouse fun!

This means we will be posting our usual “Last Chance, Coming Soon” post closer to the end of March, in alignment with our PR announcements :slight_smile: Let me know if you have any specific questions about upcoming comics or DCU ASG in the meantime!

9 Likes

Now that’s a van to hop into!

3 Likes

You say you had a brilliant idea immediately put me in the mind of Blair Warner from the Facts of Life, good times!!!

1 Like

Love David Letterman!!! Went to NYC to see Madonna in MSG in 2001 (literally 5 weeks to the day before 9-11). While I was there I HAD to g o to 53rd & Broadway. They had pages asking questions, I answered and won tix to the SAME day as Madonna. I say I made the most of NYC in one day I could…

1 Like

I’d say you did too, and cool beans on the win. :+1:

Letterman’s a badass. From heckling recordings of NBC news shows to the Alka-Seltzer suit to Top 10 lists, Rupert Gee, goofing around at Taco Bell and McDonald’s and also breaking stuff in all manner of wonderful ways, the guy knew how to do comedy, and was pretty darn good at interviews too.

Speaking of Blair from The Facts of Life, Lisa Welchell is hosting a show on MeTV called Collector’s Choice. One guest of note was Adam West Batman fan Ralph Garman, who has also been on DC Daily.

2 Likes

I saw part of the Elvis episode. I wish they would stream so I could see more

1 Like

That, and broadcast in HD. The show looks kind of crummy in SD. Still fun though.

1 Like

Just finished the “Ghost in the Machine” episode of the Flash. Might want to see if they can fix the autostart on the next episode because there is a scene that will get cut if it isn’t “returned”

2 Likes

I will say I am disappointed they are not at least rotating back in a few movies, only because it would help further quell the doomsday sayers, some of whom I am sure will spin nothing being added into a “it is preparing to merge into HBO MAX” agenda, as if this is the first time nothing has come or gone in the month.

But glad nothing is leaving and DCU All Star Games I think could be a surprise fan favorite show. So I am still happy.

4 Likes

Ahhh, the 70’s. What the heck were we THINKING?

3 Likes