OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

See? When Applejack does it, it’s just better :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I see @AlexanderKnox (thank you!) fields this one, and I agree it’s a missed opportunity :confused: A lot of us really enjoy those moments in time and the supporting material. I would say especially those of us here.

5 Likes

This is just a goof calling back to the Rewards program expiring then, right? DCU isn’t going away in September is it???

5 Likes

Well sure! We can update it - and you’re right, he absolutely should be on the list. Any others you’d like to see?

3 Likes

Titans return with season 3.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think you probably already have the answer to this as the June announcement came out after this question, but an anniversary WAL sounds like fun!! (Oh, for anyone not sure, Batman Forever unfortunately will not be on the service in June.)

3 Likes

That’s a great set of favorites!! I thought Brec Bassinger did a great job as Stargirl/Courtney and the opening scene set the stage for some high expectations- I loved seeing all those classic characters! I think you’re in for a treat with who you can expect. Even though all productions are halted right now I very much am already hoping for a Season 2 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, for writers…
Hilary J Bader
Scott Peterson (The DC editor guy)
Ty Templeton

Thanks.:grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you, this is amazing and beautiful! And I feel like the video should win all the awards. Do they still do awards for videos like back in the day?

3 Likes

Oh, so I guess the Val Kilmer Q&A isn’t happening either.

4 Likes

Awesome cover of a classic tune! Got me grooving again in my chair like an idiot :dancing_women:

4 Likes

I am also jonesing for Vertigo at large on the service! As @wilkinswontkins dutifully remarked, we do have a lot of the comics (esp. Wildstorm) right here, collected conveniently for ya:

Mature Comics Collection (basically Vertigo and Vertigo-like)
The Wildstorm Universe Collection

I’m sure you’re also jonesing for Preacher, Sandman, Y: The Last Man, Transmetropolitan, and many others, but hopefully those curb your cravings for a little bit :wink:

7 Likes

Lol you do a damn fine Applejack impression. Don’t sell yourself short, @Mae!
Ps. You sound like u need an internet hug :hugs:

4 Likes

Not a question (this time) but just wanted to say that I LOVE the collapsible embeds for post replies (and in both directions, too)! Incredible feature; please thank the developer who implemented it for me!

3 Likes

I think reply got switch to the other side on my tablet!:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Mae No no no no no. Hold up. Groovin is an automatic NON idiot action. :dancer:t2:
Me listening to ur track btw :grin:

4 Likes

I’ll mention one that I loved that I actually doubt falls into the “creator-owned” complication bucket: Sandman Mystery Theater! Great book… (I’d really love to see Steve Orlando cross it over with The Shadow tbh).

5 Likes

I’m seeing it on a PC, too. It must be a glitch. Somebody get an administrator!

As Hank Hill might say, “That button ain’t right!”

4 Likes

With the Golden Age Sandman…who had a cameo in Stargirl…sounds like a great reason for us to get it!

5 Likes

@Pretty.Poison.Bombshell and @tyzino support all along the way :slight_smile:

A month before the Q&As, I send a request list to our PR rep to see who we can get to complement upcoming comics and stuff. @DCDaily is also HUGELY supportive and always makes sure to gently suggest to anyone they’re booking that there are also Q&A opportunities, and they keep me looped into any conversations they have with talent who might seem interested.

Many creators are still hard and work and don’t always have the time or comfort to do something unknown. I also think oftentimes the general impression of participating online has been spoiled by… well, you know. So I always tread lightly but brag bigly about the positive and wonderful people that join the community.

Once I get a “bite” of interest, I set up a call. I get really sweaty when I talk to these people, not going to lie. I talk them through the process and get them comfortable.

Then I send a follow up e-mail with very clear, precise directions. The more information you give a person, the more they tune out. I have a prepared document I share with “best practices”.

I check in as details evolve to stay on their radar:

“Okay, your link is live now- if you have time, go check out the questions!”

“Hey, I’ve done the courtesy of collecting your questions in a word document for review, looking forward to tomorrow!”

I always send out a calendar invite so they don’t forget.

The moment before the Q&A goes live I almost have a heart attack until I see their little icon pop up.

Sometimes I type on their behalf. We get on a phone call and I type my poor little heart out reminding myself I’m training for a backup career in court stenography. That is very rare, but if they’re say, nearing 80 years old, it’s the least I can do.

There’s a private calendar I use to track the status of all the bookings/outreach etc. I’ve done. I try not to be a pest if they don’t reply.

8 Likes