OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Thanks, yep I’ve got it spreadsheets out and will post with the July launch.

4 Likes

Uh, it better- I’ll check in on this because… you know why. I do know that the other mini-shows like the Comic Book Club will stay on the service, but now that you’ve asked the question specifically my paranoia feelers are up.

5 Likes

I’m getting Super Troopers vibes now

4 Likes

Side note: I think I like Office Hours better on Tuesday- I can follow up more efficiently on these matters and get answers more easily. When I only have Friday to touch base with people, when they’re wrapping out their week, and then Monday, when we’re all crazy with the Mondays, it’s harder to chase. That’s what this question raised in me. Fascinating, I know.

12 Likes

Very good to hear captain! :superman_hv_4:

Ah yes. I wonder what might have been the rpm’s our messages were coming through at a time. I believe last mentioned during one of the threads on Harley Quinn it got to be over 30 rpm. Did our Batman Bingo perhaps surpass that? :thinking:

3 Likes

I love when this happens! Yep, Yvette Monreal (Wildcat) is joining us on Thursday! We do have a few more folks lined up like Meg Delacy, the creative director of the visual FX, Christopher James Baker, and actually, yes, Amy Smart! Brec Bassinger is also scheduled to join us for the finale :slight_smile:

7 Likes

7 Likes

This thread only operates once a week as a courtesy. She’ll get there. Hang tight. :slightly_smiling_face::facepunch:t3:

4 Likes

Want to know what’s funny, about 10 minutes after I post that, I see Q&A chat with Wildcat and was thrill by it!:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Right now DP and HQ are the only ones I know of that are lined up- I don’t have concrete info, but given the amount of attention and investment in HBO Max, coupled with live productions being suspended for the foreseeable future (Los Angeles just got its second big lock down :frowning_face:) I don’t blame HBO Max for taking on a show as good as Harley Quinn. I’m excited for it to hit a broader global audience, it will increase the chances of a season 3!!!

8 Likes

The only thing that I’ve found that makes Mondays a little better is listening to New Order’s Blue Monday. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Since we’re talking about the possibility of animated movies that started on CW Seed, is there a chance we could also get the John Constantine: City of Demons animated movie on here? It would make for a good spooky entry for Halloween…

5 Likes

8 Likes

Our community software is known as “out of the box”. Our DCU developers didn’t build it from the ground up, we are partnering with a pre-existing “engine” that has a ton of pre-existing features and complexity. We went with this particular software because of its adaptability and flexibility, and its ability to integrate into our platform with seeming invisibility.

Also, I just gotta say, they’re some of the nicest, most hard-working, and responsive folks I’ve worked with. I love that team.

Anyway, that software came with that limitation naturally, and is baked right into the code- it’s not as flexible as their other settings. Part of this is because of their native philosophy, which is to serve solutions. We’ve broken the native philosophy a bit by turning our topics into a series of chat rooms. So 1) I don’t think that the original intention of the system was to ever get to 10k, but 2) it also creates a much, much more organized system. Coming back to our stress of staying on-topic, generally speaking, after 10k comments, you’re probably on a different topic. So creating a “sequel” to an original topic helps to break out a very large, bulky load time into two separate experiences.

Which takes me to
3) If a topic were allowed to grow into infinity, it would be very hard on older or more worn systems to load a comment that goes into 10k comments and beyond. Trying to navigate up and down them and triggering all the various reply packets would inevitably freeze the system. You can kind of think of it like what happens when a lot of people are typing in a WAL at once.

I hope this all makes sense, I don’t quality control my responses in the interest of time :rofl: If anything still sounds weird, let me know and I’ll clarify!

9 Likes

Such wealth and mirth!! :batman_hv_2:

6 Likes

Yaaay! I’m so happy you got a chance to interact with her, and it is of course our pleasure to have a place for you to get opportunities like this. We’re hoping to create more exciting moments like this during FanDome…

8 Likes

:grin:

4 Likes

giphy (3)

6 Likes

Facts AJ speaks. HQ is too good. Deserves more eyes on it…for those 28 more seasons we require, right @Mae? :wink: :wilted_flower:

8 Likes

7 Likes