OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Teri Hatcher DID appear on an episode of DC Daily, but don’t know if that is what they are looking for. That was the only thing that popped into my mind when I read the question.

5 Likes

Will Golden Age comics be available on DCUI?

I am DYING to read the classic Shazam and Superman comics as well as the offbeats like Dr. Fate, Hawkman, and Spectre.

7 Likes

I don’t think DC has the rights to the early Shazam! stories, it’s a very confusing story. As for Superman, everything that is on here now will be on DCUI. Just didn’t want you to have to wait a week for an answer.

6 Likes

All this make sure you are ready for DCUI has confused me. I am asking just to be sure I am right, the DCU app will automatically transition to the DCUI app with no special things necessary, right? I remember that was supposed to be the case, but like I said, I keep seeing posts about what to do for the transition, and i thought it was nothing. I am already subscribed and have the app on my phone, so I am thinking I am set, but I don’t want to miss a second of it…

7 Likes

I don’t always make these but i do enjoy reading the Q&As @Applejack is the best the first mod i ever talk to during the titans watch along

7 Likes

OK, now I have to add this for next week…

6 Likes

I enjoyed it a lot… here’s the video for those who are interested…

7 Likes

I think the person meant the new show coming to CW

6 Likes

Get well soon

6 Likes

Random gif:

tumblr_mr6g8vm2Nc1saf9fgo1_500

:panda_face: :penguin:

7 Likes

@Applejack
So when should we start “reminding” you. End of May???

6 Likes

Thanks. Got a new cough syrup yesterday and it seems to be helping, but slow going…

6 Likes

The bullet pull down could work.
Would it come up in a search?
Maybe there is a link to club “curated content”.

If I’m on the DCUI app, a search won’t find anything from the community, now that’s it’s been disassociated app, correct?

There is weekly calendar of events, maybe stuff could be pulled from there?

6 Likes

Hi @Applejack
Something I’ve noticed on iOS, if the DCUI app is open on my phone, it will bring up the issue to read in the DCUI app. But, if the app isn’t open, the link will open the reader in a web page instead. Seems to be that behavior should be consistent and not dependent on the open status of the app.

Thoughts?

6 Likes

Maxwell Lord Commercial

Maxwell: Life is good, but it can be better. Hello friends, I’m Maxwell Lord, Do you ever wish for something and never got it?
wonder-woman-trailer-breakdown-8-540x305
Well then, look no further, I’m here to make your wish come true, check this out…
687173_liar_liar_2_51e2fc9e523f1d85256dff1fc99db54e.jpeg
Max: I wish for 24 hours Daddy doesn’t tell a lie.
tumblr_cfc49e0fa7a5c8e458b96c291dce6afa_c206a586_400
Maxwell: Granted!
liar-2
Fletcher: Your honor, I think you stink as a judge! (Gasp in shock!)
tumblr_8381a5c7196cdf4dfe3a70ef0f0af04a_7a9b42a7_500
Maxwell: Let’s check out another wish!
Profile_-_Pinocchio
Pinocchio: I wish to be a real boy!
tumblr_aff8bcd80cfa565b81040854dfa783c4_1613d934_400
Maxwell: Granted!

Pinocchio: I’m a real boy!
tumblr_cfc49e0fa7a5c8e458b96c291dce6afa_c206a586_400
Maxwell: And there you have it folks, All it takes is one wish and it can be yours! The operators are standing by…

Maxwell: Ah Alistair, please tell these people what you wish for.
Alistair: I wish…

To see what Alistair wish for, be sure to check out Wonder Woman '84
:wonderwoman:

10 Likes

And, like most commercials, the viewing experience is better if you can avoid them. That entire plot line was just a bad idea. It would have been such a better movie had the axed Max and made it a Cheetah vs WW movie. It’s those small, connected relationships that made the first so remarkable.

The absolute best scene in the movie is the small scene in the middle of the credits. It was warm, touching, compassionate and selfless. All of the best traits in a WW movie. Although the little scene regarding the creation of the invisible jet was adorable.

But, there were quite a few prop and hair/makeup continuity errors that were simply egregious.

6 Likes

I wish the DCEU didn’t have so many screw-ups

5 Likes

Deal! You can always slather on some sunscreen and stop by, though! I’ll be sure to have a giant beach umbrella handy. :wink: And iced beverages :tropical_drink:

Ps. Nice work @Reaganfan78! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

I’m not anti-Lucy by any means. I like I Love Lucy fine, I just never got into it.

When I think of Lucille Ball, these are the things that most immediately come to mind:

● A. The Long, Long Trailer
● 2. Desilu Productions

Now, you’ll excuse me. I’m going to my night gig at the candy factory. :nerd_face:

8 Likes

Did you see her TV movie where she played a homeless woman? Pretty sure it’s called Stone Pillow.

5 Likes