OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

I will say, if we’re going to be getting GNs after the transition, I would hope that the whole Earth One line would be included. I get that new ones would have to be subject to some print exclusivity period, and I can even understand that period being longer than for periodicals, but it seems to be really keeping in line with the focus that the library has had so far.

3 Likes

You missed a reference to Hot Wheels unboxings where someone thought a purple Batcopter was a Joker vehicle.

Then AJ said they needed your expertise and I heartily agreed, as you know your stuff very well. :slight_smile:

@Applejack Tonight (Saturday), I came across cars from the first assortment the Batcopter repaint ships in, but The Joker must have nabbed it as it was gone by the time I went through the cars.

Found some Spin Master bobdiddlioes though, so take that Joker, you one per case Batcopter-snatching weenie!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Here…sorry I’ve been way off with sleep schedule. Started Thursday to try to correct it. Result is , I did absolutely nothing Friday or Saturday & I woke up at like 1am today (officially Sunday). So haven’t been keeping up on my messages.

4 Likes

Target has so far only had two of the 100-Page Giant books; the one above and this one (which was their first Giant, having come out last year): :point_down:t2:

I would be happy to see Target get some kind of deal going with DC. Initially, there were reports that the second volume of Giants was going to be available with them, in addition to Wally World and comic stores, but that never materialized.

5 Likes

It was sold out when I was going through it earlier last week. Sad, I would have totally rocked that this Holiday season. :frowning:

5 Likes

I’ve been to a few targets this past week, didn’t see any of those

6 Likes

If someone asks a pie in the sky question, there’s nothing wrong with a matching answer. So say you could get Alan Moore to do a Q&A. What would you want to know?

4 Likes

Just to be clear, 30 days before what? 30 days earlier than Netflix currently gets them? 30 days before the next season starts on The CW? Right now it almost sounds like 30 days before the season starts airing on The CW, but that doesn’t seem right.

2 Likes

Sounds like a Flandersism to me, but I see how it could be misinterpreted.

4 Likes

Amen to that! Incidentally, is Up Up and Away on here? I realized after my initial comment that I’ve seen Batman: Universe, Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me and Titans: Burning Rage, but come to think of it I’m not totally sure I’ve seen that Tom King Superman up here.

5 Likes

Ooh, I didn’t remember that the lower price continued past year on, and I did confirm, though I was an early adopter, so I haven’t been charged yet. Any chance I could keep the lower price?

2 Likes

You’d think that, but before Disney bought Fox out, they made a deal HBO for their new films to spend time in HBO’s premium cable rotation, including being available on HBO’s streaming platforms.

That deal hasn’t expired yet, which is why other post merger Fox films like Ready or Not and The Art of Racing in the Rain have spent time on HBO.

So ultimately, New Mutants will go to Disney+ (unless they decide it doesn’t fit the brand and use Hulu instead), but somewhat bizarrely it’ll make a stopover at HBO/HBO Max first.

3 Likes

@Applejack…can you please confirm that Kelex is NOT evil and does NOT want to take over the world!!!

3 Likes

If some of us wanted to run a game of the 2013 DC Adventures RPG in the community, would that be okay, or would we be running up against the fan creation rules?

6 Likes

I hope not…that sounds so fun!!!

4 Likes

That’s because the Primal Age Giant came out in 2019 and the Caped Crusader Giant came out earlier in the year. The PA Giant is sold out and the CC one is largely gone as well.

But…who knows? Maybe someone will find spare copies somewhere in the stockroom and stick 'em out on the floor. You never know. :clark_hv_4:

4 Likes

Indeed! Check out issues 1-4 (of 6) here.

4 Likes

Hello :wave:
I was wondering with the $10 and $25 dc shop thing with DCUI.
I currently have the monthly plan and when signing up for DCUI with the email it didn’t ask anything on payment so I’m guessing it signed me up for monthly. I do plan on changing to yearly before DCUI comes out so I’m wonder would I get the $25 for yearly or since I signed up when I was monthly would I get the $10.

(I don’t mind which one I get both are great​:+1: Just curious​:thinking:).

4 Likes

I initially jumped off at #700 myself. I only tried Superior after months of people telling me it was really good, doing so finally put my finger on what made the Slott run work for me: he wasn’t afraid to blow everything we expected up, and you know what you get as a result?

Stories you don’t expect.

After years of stories I could always predict the end of, I found, and still find, that to be a really refreshing experience as long as I’m willing to give those stories a chance in the first place. So having learned my lesson from Superior, and having libraries like this one reduce the barrier to entry significantly, I’m a lot more willing to give those stories a chance.

3 Likes