Omnibus labeling

I wanted to ask this yesterday, but now seems a good time to. How come omnibuses like Challengers of the Unknown, Kamandi, and Fourth World aren’t labeled as “Silver Age Omnibus (vol. #)”?

What year do you feel Silver Age ends?

1. Both Justice League and Teen Titans Silver Age Omnibus ends collecting in the year 1969. While JL begins Bronze in 1969, Teen Titans began in 1970.

Pretty sure Kamandi and the 4th world are part of the Bronze age and there’s a lot of the Challengers of the Unknown that was Bronze age as well when further issues were published later in the early seventies.

1 Like

You’re right. I still don’t get why they wouldn’t have the Bronze Age label attached though.

Probably because they are more contained to a single era than other series. If I say Jack Kirby’s Fourth World Omnibus, you’ll know what it’s collecting. If I say Batman Omnibus Vol. 1, you’ll wonder what era of Batman I’m talking about.

3 Likes

Challengers of the Unknown ended in 1970 so it is 95% silver age.

1 Like

Because those omnibuses (omnibi?) are not part of that line. They were collected for Jack Kirby’s 100th, and feature works exclusively from The King.

Because those omnibuses (omnibi?) are not part of that line. They were collected for Jack Kirby’s 100th, and feature works exclusively from The King.

They have his name and headshot on the cover.