Outsiders (2003-) #49

Outsiders (2003-) #49

So, this is how Nightwing passes on the torch to… his mentor? LOL, that’s a really nice twist. Poor Sasha. Everything Chang Tzu did to the Black Queen of Checkmate is extremely terrifying. We didn’t see much of what happened to Boomerang, Jr., but it sounded bad. This time, we actually got to see what he did to Sasha and it was horrific. At first, I thought Batman was going in to save Dick, but I should have realized he was going in to save Sasha. I forget that Sasha and Bruce were close, but they actually have a deep bond. The Outsiders team is good bunch. Thunder and Grace seem like they’re in a good spot. I still need to catch up on the Black Lightning TV show, but I’d like to see more of them. It was nice seeing Tommy Jagger hanging out with them at the end.

This crossover was great. It’s well executed. Sometimes, crossovers have a good idea, but don’t really pull them off. This crossover pulled it off. It just sucks that after Feb. 28th, the Checkmate issues will be gone and this will be incomplete on DC Universe. People won’t be able to read the entire story. CheckOut is a team up I would not mind seeing more of. Maybe in Young Justice: Outsiders?