Planetary (2010-) #1

Planetary (2010-) #1

Before seeing it here I haven’t read any of this series. That’s a shame. Over the last week I started and finished this series. Its awesome that’s it is on here in its entirety. It was fantastic. Honestly, one of the best things I’ve read on here.

1 Like

One of the best series I’ve ever read. A postmodern take on the entire superhero genre, a blend of x-files noir and pulp fiction characterizations, mixed with visuals that work the lighting and scenery in just the right way. Planetary is one of my favourites, right up there with Promethea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bought the huge omnibus last year and taking it on my vacation. Fantastic series and it’ll be great reading all at once. I adore the clean bright artwork of Cassaday. So many TV shows, movies, murder-mystery, conspiracy, sci-fi tales, etc. are filmed and/or illustrated darkly. For example, the new Sabrina show is so dark, i literally can’t see anything on my iPad during the day. In this story, the bright illustrations make the story even more spooky. Also, artists tend to add so much junk in the background…not Cassidy…clear storytelling.