POLL: Who is the True Hero of the Beach?

In today’s poll, we want to know who the True Hero of the beach is!

Vote in the Poll here and then come back and tell us who YOU voted for and why!

8 Likes

Aquaman is so underrated and underrepresented. If He can’t win this I don’t even know what to say.

5 Likes

Out of those selections, I voted for Aquaman.

4 Likes

Aquaman

4 Likes

I voted for Aqualad because I love him. :triumph: :fish:

5 Likes

Definitely aquaman

5 Likes

While Aquaman has the advantage of being King of the Sea, I have seen some comic forums that suggest Mera could beat him. She could remove the water from him and other means. I am sure if the two fought in a comic, some writers would have Arthur win, but I do wonder if some version of Mera would win. If we go by the movie, Mera could win. If we go by the comics, I think Aquaman would win.

3 Likes

If we go by the version of Aquaman who grew up on the surface before becoming king, Mera is the true hero. She’s a master at water sorcery who has always been a protector of the ocean. They’re a strong power couple, but Mera has the edge when Arthur is half-human in my opinion.

4 Likes

Aquaman! I grew up reading him, and still love him to this day. I wish he got more respect than he does.

3 Likes

Definitely Aqualad :pleading_face:

3 Likes

That title belongs to flex mentallo, i love the grant morrison book. have lots of love for Aquaman, Mera and Kaldur but the hero of the beach is Flex they are the King and queen of atlantis and justice leaguers and Kaldur badass son to black manta, aquakinesis.

3 Likes

The beach is where Atlantis ends and human (meta, alien, etc) territory starts. There is only one right answer and it isn’t the Atlantians. Doom Patrol baby!

2 Likes

Aqualad!

1 Like

Aquaman all day!
Was happy to see Flex was runner up :laughing:

3 Likes

Have to go with Aquaman because he’s and Ocean man.

3 Likes

Aquaman.

4 Likes

I went with Flex Mentallo. The title “Hero of the Beach” is a reference to things like the old Charles Atlas ads - a vintage body building program that used to advertise in comics in the 50’s and 60’s. Flex Mentallo was created as a riff on that.

3 Likes

Aquaman or Mera

4 Likes

Mera is the clear choice. I love the other 3, but Mera is GOAT here.

2 Likes

This was a toughy. I love Mera but I had to go with my boy Kaldur. :green_heart:

2 Likes