Preparing For Launch: DC Community on Mobile Devices, How To Find It And Where It Goes

No, you do! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A quick chime in- it sounds like in some cases, the URL is being persnickety and adding things like extra “https” to the soup. OK BAI

3 Likes

Good to know. I’ll pass that along. Thanks, @Applejack, as always, you’re amazingly awesome!!!

2 Likes

@NYJt3 says that this did the trick. Thanks again, @Alec.Holland and @Applejack. Your help is greatly appreciated. :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks for the help all. :+1:

4 Likes

I’m able to post here because I’m on my iPad that didn’t update the app, but I’m having a similar problem logging in through my phone and computer. I thought it was just me, but I’m so relieved to know it’s not.

1 Like

Is this glitch going to be fixed soon? It’s almost 2 weeks now. In order to delete the extra https u have to scroll through like 5 minutes of code first. I have to say I love you all, and customer service around here is undisputably amazing. But the actual product we get is bleh. App is a real pain to use and I can barely see the comics on my phone. I guess I’ll look into a tablet but if they are too expensive, I don’t really know what the point of keeping this app will be.

1 Like

Hey Robert,

Sorry for the frustration with this http glitch. Our support team is very aware of the situation and they are working to identify the cause and get it fixed ASAP. In the meantime, can I suggest that you bookmark the community page using whichever browser app you use on your device and then accessing the community via the bookmark until we get the issue resolved? Should cut out that 5 minutes every time you want to check in!

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I was having the same problem.

1 Like

Looks like everything is back on track!:+1:

2 Likes

FYI.

Community still does not work on iPad Pro 10.5” (2017 model). You get redirected to the app regardless of browser or URL.

1 Like

Thank you for keeping us updated, @moro! I’ll pass this on for you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

More FYI.

Community also still does not work on Safari browser on iPhone XR. Safari presents a blank screen. Surprisingly it works fine on my iPhone 6s. Both iPhones are running iOS 14.3.

My workaround on the XR is to set my default browser to Firefox, so I’m surviving :slight_smile:

However, I reported the problem to Customer Support 25 days ago and did not receive a response.

Hi @mylehigh2000.28963! I’m sorry to hear you haven’t heard back from Customer Support. If you can send us your ticket number, we can make sure you do get a reply.
Our QA team is aware of this issue, and they’re hard at work on a solution for that we expect to be available when DCUI launches on the 21st.
If there’s ever anything else we can help you with, please just reach out!

Just to be clear I did get an acknowledgement of my problem (ticket 628646). On 12/26 I got this message - Thanks for this info - we will look into this issue and update you when a fix is available. Nothing since.

No urgency for me, I have my workaround. Just don’t want any new community members to get frustrated. I’m excited for the launch!