Products With DC Oriented Names That Aren't DC Products

Whenever you’re out and about doing your shopping (and/or shopping online), do you ever see a product that has nothing to do with DC, but whose name still reminds you of DC in some way?

I’ve got a couple:

1. The Clark Bar. It reminds me of Clark Kent (and Clark Griswold, who isn’t a DC character, but is still within the WB family).

2. Axe brand Apollo deodorant. I was hip deep in a re-read of The Authority when I saw this on the shelf at Target and instantly thought of Midnighter’s better half.

How’s 'bout you?

4 Likes

Washington D.C. , finally my internet realizes I’m trying to look up Batman info not politics!!!

3 Likes

Every day on my bike route I pass a storefront called “DC Carpeting.” I’ve never gone in but I’ve always imagined you could get carpet samples with, like, Daily Planet globe patterns there.

5 Likes

The only one that comes to mind on is Diet Coke. I usually abbreviate it to DC on my shopping list.

And every time I pass the frozen breakfast section I think of TTG. “Waffles waffles waffles waffles.”

3 Likes

When you go to buy Diet Coke, do you have your butler call ahead?

4 Likes

I pass Gotham bail bonds on my way to work everyday

1 Like

There’s a book called “The Robots of Gotham” at a B&N near me that has nothing to do with Batman. I remember grabbing it, reading the first chapter, and wondering when Alfred was going to show up. Then I read the back. Oops.

2 Likes

I would totally read a DC Robits of Gotham book. Batman in the transformers verse?

Also there is Gotham brand pots and pans (where the Wayne fortune began?) and Grayson furniture (Dick started his own business).

For Supernatural fans, there’s a Cas hotel and a Rowena hotel.

4 Likes

@AlexanderKnox

If only.

I think most of us could use an Alfred Pennyworth in our lives.

4 Likes

The Gotham Steel pots and pans always get me thinking about Batman.

2 Likes

Wait, how is Midnighter not a deodorant too? I can’t think of any product that hasn’t been mentioned, but the courthouse in a city near me is actually called the Hall of Justice.

3 Likes

I’d buy Midnighter deodorant