Question From the DC Universe Office: Is Superman actually Santa Claus?

They both wear red, they both fly, they both move at ridiculous speeds- They both have locations in the North Pole. And have you ever seen both of them in the same room together? Or Rudolph and Krypto in the same room? We need the community to tie-break!

22 Likes

Nope, Clark does not have the epic beard… If Clark grew a beard how would he shave?

4 Likes

Does he put on a fake beard? He’s used to putting on fake glasses…

6 Likes

Superman does what’s right and leads by example. Those are gifts that keep on giving the whole year round (“That they are Eddie.”), so in a way he’s like Santa.

Superman has a wonderful John Williams theme. Santa has many joyful tunes in his honor but none by John Williams (closest would be Williams’ work for the good Home Alone flicks).

To generations upon generations, they have brought immeasureable fun, joy, warmth, happiness, and hope. Those are some of the best gifts one can give to another.

They’ve also had run-ins with Lobo.

That’s all I’ve got ATM.

17 Likes

Mind blown.

8 Likes

HP, Clark just does the ol’ “reflect heat vision off a reflective surface and onto his face” trick :wink:

8 Likes

haha…this is great. I’ll say no. For one, Santa doesn’t have a weakness to kryptonite. And iirc, Superman dreamt about helping Santa. He even visited his famous toy factory at the North Pole. And when he woke up, he discovered a Kryptonian gift. Who else could’ve come up with that besides Big Red with a beard? :))

15 Likes

@Vroom, that raises a lot of questions. So… Superman isn’t affected by his own heat vision (it doesn’t burn him). But it could burn his hair? Is his HAIR impervious? If so, what is his hair made out of?? Does Superman’s hair need a separate thread?!

6 Likes

Yes. Yes, Superman’s hair does need it’s own thread =)

8 Likes

Nope. Superman does not in fact have the ability to wiggle down chimneys without destroying them. I think he and Santa would totally get along though.

7 Likes

No for me. The legend of Santa with a sleigh and the North Pole started around the early to mid 1800s. Supes showed up on 1938.

But this question really made think about it!

5 Likes

Regarding the Action #105 cover:

“Just a bit more now Mister Kringle.”

“Ho, ho, ho Superman. We don’t want to break the…what house is this? checks his list Why this is Lex Luthor’s home! The only thing he’ll be getting is a broken chimney. Come on, Superman! PUSH!”

Superman smiles “Yes, sir!”

2 Likes

The Salkinds made movies about both. Santa Claus: The Movie was also written by the co-screenwriters of the first three Superman movies, and directed by the director of the Supergirl movie (who also directed some episodes of Smallville, if I’m not mistaken).

2 Likes

I just pictured super Santa snapping the necks of all the naughty children.

3 Likes

I forgot about the Salkinds involvement with Santa Claus: The Movie. I guess the Salkinds thought sticking “The Movie” on that flick might help it achieve STM success. Can’t win 'em all.

2 Likes

I think Santa Claus is more like Batman

You better watch out
You better not cry
Better be good
I’m telling you why

Santa Claus is coming to town.

He’s making a list
He’s checking it twice
He’s gonna find out who’s naughty or nice.

He sees you when you’re sleeping
He knows when you’re awake
He knows when you’ve been bad or good

So be good for goodness sake!

12 Likes

mind blown

7 Likes

Of course, I could have changed Santa Claus to SWAMP THING.

Inside joke.

4 Likes

Brilliant @TurokSonOfStone1950! I laughed so hard :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Wasn’t there a comic/issue where Santa & Superman fight? Or team up?

1 Like