QUOTE HUNT!

Here’s a game I’d like to run for everybody:

Every day or so, I’m going to post a quote from a comic book on this website. The first person to identify what issue it came from wins! I’ll keep an updated scoreboard for each identified quote. Happy hunting!

9 Likes

QUOTE #1:

“I’m Little Bow Peep and you’re going to sleep!”

1 Like

QUOTE #2:

“Can I get a cup of coffee too, Superdad?”

“Stunts your growth. Jon says you need all the help you can get.”

1 Like

QUOTE #3:

“Life is short. I could have become like my parents, had I chose to wallow in cheap emotion and self loathing, as did they. Instead, I chose to become a god. I control human lives, instead of being controlled. I can destroy someone with a phone call. Which is why I cannot abide Superman! There is only room for one god on this planet! I’m determined to bring him down at any cost!”

1 Like

I am not familiar with the quotes, but the third one sounds like something Luthor would say in the 6-issue miniseries where he gain superpowers titled Luthor.

Neat idea though.

1 Like

Corrected information: “5” issue “limited” series called “Lex Luther: Man of Steel”.
Corrections in quotes.

By making sure the information was correct, I had to check online. That could lead to problems with people who answer these quotes though.

1 Like

Lex Luth”o”r: Man of Steel.

1 Like

I’m afraid that is incorrect! Remember: all quotes come from issues on DC Universe as of their posting. And for full credit I need the issue number!

1 Like

Quote#2 is in Super Sons (2017) issue #9. Conversation between Damian and Clark.

3 Likes

That’s correct!

QUOTE #4: “When I left that island, I swore I’d never kill again. And I kept that oath… except for that one time.”

emaraldlantern — 1
1 Like

At a guess, #4 sounds like something from Mike Grell’s Green Arrow.

1 Like

I need the issue, not the series.

1 Like

QUOTE #5: “The age of miracles isn’t over yet, Steel Hand!"

emaraldlantern — 1
1 Like

Mister Miracle #1! I can’t believe that I remember this. I literally just read the comic

2 Likes

Correct!!

QUOTE #6:

“I don’t really know how to fight!”

“Foolish boy! Are you dead yet?”

“…No.”

“Then you’re learning to fight! HAH!”

emaraldlantern — 1
Nathan.Payson — 1
1 Like

Quote Number 4 is from Green arrow The Longbow Hunters #1 Ollie and Dinah have moved into Sherwood Florist and he’s reminiscing on his life as the Green Arrow after having put up the painting of Robin Hood in his room.

2 Likes

CORRECT!!!

QUOTE #7:

“That’ll do the trick. We have the date, the basic setup, and a figure. 24 million in cash. There’s got to be a way to do this. And I’m going to find it. 24 million in cash — I’m alive again.”

emaraldlantern — 1
golddragon71 — 1
Nathan.Payson — 1
1 Like

Quote # 3 is from Lex Luthor: The Unauthorized Biography when he answers Mr. Sands’ questions about why he killed his parents.

2 Likes

I think #7 is from Selina’s Big Score. The narrator of the statement was Stark.

1 Like

Or maybe Selina herself

2 Likes