Ranking the Live Action Batman Movies

No Batman & Robin at all? I suppose it received a cool reception from you…

1 Like

The whole not Barabara Gordon but still Batgirl thing still doesn’t sit very well with me.

1 Like

I can get that. I wouldn’t say that it has snow problems or anything. Still, I the movie doesn’t completely leave me cold. I find it an ice time-killer when I just want to chill.

3 Likes

All puns intended on your part of course. :grinning: :laughing:

1 Like

Fun idea @DCGF12! It’s so cool to see the different orders everyone is placing these in. I based mine on how many times I’ve watched it and if I own the movie. Pretty tough!

:batman_hv_1: The Dark Knight
:batman_hv_1: Batman Returns
:batman_hv_1: Batman ‘66
:batman_hv_1: Batman Forever
:batman_hv_1: Batman Begins
:batman_hv_1: Batman
:batman_hv_1: The Dark Knight Rises

Not on my radar whatsoever:

:x: Anything including “Batfleck”
:x: George Clooney in a Batman costume

2 Likes

Batman Forever over Batman 89. Kinda surprised.

1 Like

Lol. Batman (1989) moved through the list a couple of times @Kon-El! Ultimately, I decided to slide it down a few notches because when I’ve rewatched it lately, I haven’t felt the same as I did before. Yet every time Batman Begins is back on “the ‘flix”, I always end up checking it out a few times. Batman Forever has a lot of fun campiness and hasn’t lost its touch. I also feel like I’m always finding new Easter eggs in that one too.

1 Like

True!

Bat fleck is interesting. When I heard about the casting I was like “I’m never watching it”. …of course I did as I sold my soul to the comic book gods too long ago…

He’s really good. The movie is, and this is my own personal opinion, an glorious oddity. It’s a weird choice to have an older Batman. It’s a movie that desperately needs some levity and fun to it, it’s freaking Batman and Superman in the same movie!!! And I’ve never ever agreed with a gun wielding Batman who kills. Take away that element he’s just a psycho on a costume.

I liked him a lot less in Justice League, though that might be down to the weird hair ( is that a wig??) and the disappointing bat-gadgets and just in general who they handled him.

I’m curious to see the Snyder release but I’m expecting to be as oddly curious as I was to BvS

1 Like

I gotta say the Joker movie wasn’t for me. But from what I’m reading this is going to be the template for a good number of future DC movies. I’m glad it was for you though!

1 Like

Oh boy @DCGF12, you opened me up… (Sigh) I have such disdain for what Ben Affleck did with Batman. What a waste! Prior to that film, I had never left a movie theater angry, but Batman v Superman left me with no words. I do not think he was “comically accurate” as many have tried to claim and the closest I’ve ever seen an actor come to Arkham game-style fighting/movement is in Titans S1: E11 “Dick Grayson”, by stunt men who did an incredible job! I know that the BvS version was an “older” Bruce Wayne (which has been played out in the comics before and still missed the mark on the proper casting), but Affleck was so disinterested and shot out, having no chemistry with anyone on-screen and his personal problems carried heavily into the role. He’s actually admitted that in interviews as well. I also hated the use of guns and the costume in those scenes. Aside from the terrible story, it was all a tragic mess.

1 Like

I totally understand the reason for your reaction. Like I said it’s a curious oddity for me; and not close to how amazing the movie should have been.

I had a bigger issue with Henry Cavill, who I felt was wooden. I do put a lot of that down to Synders’ take on the role,

The whole premise of the story was a shambles, you’re definitely right about that.

2 Likes
  1. Batman (1989)
  2. The Dark Knight
  3. Batman Returns
  4. Batman v. Superman Dawn of Justice
  5. Batman Begins
  6. The Dark Knight Rises
  7. Batman (1966)
  8. Batman Forever
  9. Justice League
  10. Batman & Robin
2 Likes