real thoughts on this app?

I think it needs a lot of work, more comics, more movies and a better app all together.

2 Likes

For what we’re paying, I think it’s great. Everyone seems to think that they should get everything and the kitchen sink for $8 a month and I don’t get it.

9 Likes

My real thought is, I don’t like this app… I Love this app! There’s alot of great shows and movies to watch, read comic books and it has a shop! It’s really worth it! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Love it

5 Likes

While I had the same opinion when I first subscribed, it seems as though the mods are hearing our complaints and are making active steps to address them. The past few days it seems like the comic section has doubled in size (not sure if this is 100% correct but it feels like it) and they are adding more to the visual media section as this month and year go by. It’s still not all encompassing but they are making improvements slowly but steadily.

3 Likes

real talk. the selection of comics is garbage. they need to put out more the one comic at a time. they have had alot of the same stuff out since they started this app with little to no updates. and the “exclusive” content like titans. ive found it on multiple free sites. still watch it here to try and support but yo DC start paying attention to the fan-base or its cancellation time.

1 Like

It’s only going to get better, I remember NFLX was skimmed down when it went to streaming. As they free up their current licensing agreements they will be able to add more stuff here. Lets also consider that figuring out royalty payments to each creative material creator is another issue that slows things down. But I think good things are definitely coming.

3 Likes

Animated, live action movies & series, documentaries, DC news daily about artists, writers and comics, I mean, a lot of comic books available to read, enciclopedia about characters, a community forum, what else do we need for $7.99?

5 Likes

In the vein of Ned Flanders: “I think DC Universe is fantandiddlyoodlytasticareeno!”

It’s awesome.

7 Likes

Basically a new site, there’s way more to it then just comics & shows & I could spend all day on just those.

5 Likes

It’s new. I didn’t expect perfection when I subscribed. I figured not EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING was going to be on here. I now licensing can be a b*tch. They have a lot of fun stuff I haven’t seen in decades too! And so far their exclusive stuff has been well done! It’s a work in progress, and they know it. They are trying to work the bugs out, and I see it. I will definitely renew when the time comes.

5 Likes

I paid for this site and i notice i am limited in what i can and cannot watch please explain?

What happened to dc daily - we either do not get it or some watered down version - I for one am really disappointed in that

3 Likes

Obviously there’s a hierarchy system within the company and the individual in the “gate keeper” position wishes to gain as much revenue as possible from each section of the market with little if no regard to public opinion. I haven’t seen any improvements besides what the moderators have recommended and I truly feel a large portion of their influence was either ignored or cut. I have the utmost respect for the hard working staff that operate behind the scenes and maybe we don’t get to fully appreciate that. There’s just something that seems off and until we see evidence otherwise this is my final verdict of the app. Unfulfilled promises and bait and switch tactics will not recommend.

1 Like

I like it, comics can use some REAL work, and they should chill on the rotation of Comics and Movies, at least slow it down.

4 Likes

The service is okay, at best. I signed up for the original shows but really hoped they’d have a much bigger library of content available (including more shows, movies, and especially comics.)

I paid in advance for the whole year, so I’m stuck with it, but unless there are major improvements, I won’t be re-upping.

1 Like

the app is great and what everyone doesnt get is the app is 4 months old think of it when netflix launched it wasnt all that great at 4 months old it took take just be patient and wait alot of content is coming out this year and their improving the app they dont have alot of stuff yet due to liscense agreements once all thoes are up most of the dc shows on netflix will be coming to the app watch when aquaman liscense agreement is up with WB it will be on the app be patient relax and kick back and enjoy

3 Likes

I really love it! I’m super excited to see the changes and growth to come, and I think all the mods are the bee’s knees :slight_smile: I’ve grown fond of the community as well. Personally, I use the app every day, so to me that makes it quite worth it.

4 Likes

The complaints here are completely ridiculous. First off, the app is new. It hasn’t even been around for 6 months. They told every one from the very beginning that things would be a work in progress. No streaming service started out great right off the bat. Netflix was completely terrible when it first started. Buncha B-C movies and shows. It wasn’t till a few years in, that it started getting decent. And even now, it doesn’t have alot of the content I want.

Also, folks who are not getting the most out of this site are being ridiculous. Right now, it’s the ONLY app of its kind. No other comics company is doing this. Not even everyone’s precious Marvel is. The best they’ll have is their limited content bundled on the Disney app. And even then, it’s not gonna be their comics content. Not to mention, Marvel doesn’t have half the content that DC does, in terms of streaming content.

Bottom line: folks really need to learn to be patient. By the summer of this year, all these complaints will be a thing of the past.

And for those who think I’m being biased: my ONLY complaint with the app right now, is that it’s not available thru various other devices. Other than that, and as soon as it becomes available thru PS4, it’s perfect!!

6 Likes

I love it!

I mean for only 8$ its totally worth it. Titans was great and I really enjoy DC Daily. We all know that they are hard at work to bring us new original content and I cant wait! The movies and series section is not bad in my opinion either, like most DC fans I already have most the movies live/animated that I like, but was pleasantly satisfied to be able to view other ones that either haven’t see or just haven’t purchased yet.

As for the comics I think they have a pretty decent selection especially in regards to the older runs. I have just about everything I like from the mid 2000’s and up. Also they def. stepped up there game with this latest edition in Jan. Clearly they are listing to peoples complaints and recommendation.

Lastly I am actually really enjoying this community section. I subscribed the day it came out but I’ve never been the type to partake in any kind of chat room thing. I had to relocate for work last month and have started to participate and I got to say some of the topic are great and even if I don’t comment myself I enjoy reading the threads.

Thank you everyone at DCU for your hard work and know that it is appreciated.

3 Likes