And thoughts on what to start with after arrow ended i want to read some green arrow
Green Arrow comics are great! I started with the rebirth Green Arrow, which is a really good introduction to the character and how he works. If you want to start with something shorter, Green Arrow: Year One is super good.
If you like/are willing to read older comics the Mike Grell are a MUST read! They’re amazing! If you are going to read the 1988 series, you have to start with the Longbow Hunters, as this miniseries affects the entire series going forward. Also you’ll get to see some great art.
Awesome glad i found another green arrow fan
Those were both mine. Year one is great too. Get to Green Arrow/Black Canary eventually. Start with the Green Arrow and Black Canary wedding special, unless they added it to the series now. It’s really way better then I expected. Lots of great cameos.
Mike Grell did a great run on Green Arrow. Start with the Longbow Hunters and continue with Green Arrow (1988-)
Year One is good. I also recommend Kevin Smith’s Quiver. Just reread New 52 Green Arrow over Christmas. It felt jumbled until I hit issue 17. At that point it feels like the story is together all the way thru Rebirth. If you make your way into Rebirth, you need to read No Justice. The four issue series set up for the all to early end in issue 50. Looking forward to the new checkmate Leviathan books in hopes it brings back Ollie’s own series again.
I always recommend the Bronze Age GL/GA series as a great place to start. It was when Dc first stopped looking at GA as just another rich kid vigilante except with arrows. And made Ollie his own unique character as opposed to a Batman knockoff.
If you are looking for an “Arrow” fix, I’d recommend the long bow hunters.
- Green Arrow (1983); the very first time Ollie was in his own book
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters (1987)
- Green Arrow (2001-2007), particularly Kevin Smith’s run, which begins at #1 and goes to #15
- the Rebirth volume of Green Arrow (2016-2019); I’m biased on this one as Benjamin Percy’s run on it is quite possibly my favorite Green Arrow run ever
Outside of comics, Ollie was handled with aplomb on Justice League Unlimited, with his debut occurring in the first episode of the show.
I have to agree with the first recommendation being Mike Grell’s Longbow Hunters followed by the Grell ongoing series.
- Green Arrow (4 issue miniseries) by Mike Grell & Trevor Von Eeden
- Green Arrow - Jeff Lemire/Andrea Sorrentino run
- As a single story, I have read, multiple times an old silver age crossover he had with Aquaman in which they each had an enemy abandon their typical hunting grounds in order to avoid a hero. Green Arrow’s enemy decided to only do crimes at sea so he wouldn’t have to deal with Green Arrow. Aquaman’s enemy decided to only do crimes on land to avoid Aquaman. The silver-age goofiness in which each of the heroes adapted to a new environment is mind-boggling. They make no sense, but I love these stories.
Denny O’Neil and Neal Adams’ Green Lantern/ Green Arrow is a must if you don’t mind some (well-handled) heavy handed social-political commentary from the mid-seventies. It’s really well written with fantastic art and makes you see both characters in a new light. Neither one would be the same today if it weren’t for this series. It starts with Green Lantern #76.
Rebirth, year one and war of the clans are my favorite. He has a couple of comics with lantern that are great too.
Ooh yay! I was looking to start too. I’m using this list
My Introduction to Green Arrow was actually in World’s Finest, when it was an anthology book.
And since Black Canary also had a feature in the book, you’d often get two-parters and even a team-up with Hawkman.
My introduction to Green Arrow was World’s Finest as well, somewhere in the #275 area.
Hard traveling heroes with GL original & newer version both great too.
I was just reading kevin smith not a fan of them saying you know Oliver he likes them young
Longbow hunters is good its not for all ages these comics are very adult themed
I agree with most of what people are say,
DO GRELLS RUN
Its a character defining run, and when it’s over, do Kevin Smiths Quiver, Green Lantern/Green Arrow, and the Rebirth run
Ok will do i did finish kevin smith it was good some stuff i didn’t like