Release all Titans episodes so we can binge

I don’t understand why DC universe if releasing Titans episodes weekly. That’s predominantly a TV format which works for what it be and how it’s always been. Streaming is something different…especially when customers pay for the select service. No one complains when they have an entire series to binge and Netflix has reaped the benefits of doing it since day one. DC universe is all steaming with no xbox one/ ps4 app… All online really but they want us to tune in weekly like we are watching cable TV. You wanna be a streaming service then embrace what streaming can do. Fully. I regret pre ordering the yearly subscription.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want all the episodes available all at once I would be at home sobbing as I wait for the next season to start because I finished the entire first season within a day and now I have to wait much much longer :sob: and yes I don’t have any restraint from now being able to just watch a episode every so often if they were all available

2 Likes

I’d rather have something to look forward to each Friday, than binge all 11 episodes on a weekend and have to wait months for something new. They have it spread out so that when this ends, Young Justice Outsiders starts, and halfway through that, Doom Patrol starts. I’d rather have time to digest each episode and always have something new to watch every week, than run out of new content so quickly. It also means that everyone who’s watching is at the same point as everyone else, so it leaves the window open for more discussion about the show. Also, this isn’t the first streaming service that has done this. Hulu and Amazon Prime have done weekly episodes for several shows, and even Netflix has done it with a couple shows. We live in an instant gratification society now and people have forgotten the joy of anticipation. I guess I just look at it from a different perspective.

4 Likes

Also, it works for Netflix, because they have the ability to release 10 new shows a week if they want. There’s no way this platform would have access to that much new content to do that.

2 Likes

I want all at once. The reason they only do one a week is so you keep paying the monthly fee. I am thinking of unsubbing and just wait till they are all releases. The comic selection is sub par. If there were way more full runs I would have no prob paying each month.

1 Like

I’m fine with once a week. Netflix has some shows that debut weekly as do other streaming services so DCU doing it isn’t unheard of.

2 Likes

I agree

1 Like

So…you’d rather they release all the episodes at once, have people pay $8 and then quit, then kill the service and then we’ll have nothing? Yeah, real logical argument there.

5 Likes

I like releasing an episode weekly. It gives me something to look forward to every Friday.

2 Likes

I do hope they add the app to the PS4 and xbox one though. I’m currently watching on my laptop and iPhone.

@Truth - your point isn’t any more logical. Eventually all 11 episodes will be available, at which time the service will be in jeopardy of failing, by your suggestion. The point also only serves to validate the claims that this service is subpar, and not worth paying for… which I know you disagree with those claims. Honestly, I think this service would survive just fine releasing a full season all at once. There are other works added regularly that can keep fans paying for more.

Personally I would rather watch a brand new show weekly than to binge it. I just feel like I get more out of them that way and it does effectively keep people from spoiling things for me by way of some offhand comment regarding an episode haven’t seen yet. Its honestly unbelievable how often within my circle of friends that happens.

1 Like

I’m going to cancel this service due to this reason lol. I’m the type that I’ll keep paying for something of value. The fact that they aren’t released all at once makes me feel like I’m wasting my time.

1 Like

Because the show would be over in 3 days or less depending if you pull all nighters. And we wouldn’t have anything left to watch.

3 Likes

Ok well if you want to leave then do it. No one is stopping you.

2 Likes

@cambat the fact remains they will not drop them all at once. So this all a moot argument. You can piss and moan all you want, they’re not going to drop full seasons of their new shows to satisfy a handful of whiners that have been spoiled by Netflix.

3 Likes

@Truth of Pisces, you got it right the first time, releasing everything at once would have severely cut DCU’s chances of succeeding. People would have used their free week trial, binged Titans and unsubscribed. That would add up to nothing. I dont know their subscription numbers, but let’s say there’s one million monthly subscribers. To watch Titans in its entirety, that is 1 million subscribers paying 8 bucks as month 3 times. They would have left 24 million dollars on the table in monthly subscribers alone. Yes, they will be all be available at some point but they will also release worldwide on Netflix at about the same time bringing that sweet licensing money.
Around this time, Young Justice season 3 will be right around the corner and there is still DCEU movies and CW shows that can be cycled in as “new to DCU”, as well as older programs and movies.
Also, I understand the impulse people have to compare price and content of DCU to Netflix but it isnt the same. People look at the shows on here then look at Netflix and say “there is nowhere near as much content” ignoring that Netflix is offering specifically a “streaming service for video”. DCU isnt trying to compete with Netflix for a spot in the “digital video realm”, they are offering a subscription for DC specific content across all forms of media. Its aimed at DC fans, not “everyone who watches television”, and most DC fans like reading comic books. Comics should not be ignored when assessing this apps value, if you read 4 comics a month you have basically got your money’s worth.

3 Likes

Also, OP, Netflix didnt have full seasons of content accessible day one. “Day one” they were a mail-in service. It took months (years?) of subscriber money to start a streaming service and even then there was no new or original content, it was all old or movies and recent flops. They had to build up to what they are now, they needed subscriber money to enable them to create original content. Stop talking out your backside

3 Likes