RESULTS ARE IN: Meta Madhouse - Lex Luthor Masterminds! Watch Official Announcement on DC Daily

I’ve never seen movie Sionis, I didn’t there was a movie Sionis actually, Thanks.

He’s the bad guy in HQ: Birds of Prey.

1 Like

Aw man, Spoilers. Thanks for letting me know, I definitely have to watch that now.

I find it odd that we keep using Tom King’s run for a point of reference on Bane, but ignore what he did with Riddler. In “The War of Jokes and Riddles” alone, we see Riddler do a number of impressive martial feats. He survives/shrugs off a gunshot wound Batman said should have been lethal. He catches a knife Joker threw at his head without flinching. Most notable, he gets into a battle royal with Batman and Joker, where he manages to hold his own for a while. If he can go up against Batman (arguably DC’s greatest fighter), and Joker (arguably DC’s most sadistic madman), he can take Sivana easily.

5 Likes

@M.o.i.s.t: No spoilers. That was in the advertising.

@Gorilla_Todd I’m more likely to use Chuck Dixon’s take on the character. Either way, Bane is as much a mastermind as a brute. But I totally agree with you that the Riddler would take Sivana.

3 Likes

Oh, I should probably watch the advertising then lol

1 Like

I had Talia moving to the next round. Glad she got the save. Helps my bracket out!

3 Likes

For the first time in the tournament, I actually got all the 1st round picks right. :sweat_smile:
Well, onto the next round now! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Same here. Now, hopefully everyone knows how brutal Waller is and keeps her moving up. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I’ve got Talia over Bane. Bane has certainly evolved since his original appearances, but Talia was trained by the side of Ra’s and Lady Shiva, She knows how to “punch above her right class”. As Batman has shown time and again, if you can sever the tube feeding Bane venom, that is his Achilles heel. Talia is quick enough to get behind Bane cut his Venom tube and stab him the back. It’s the smart move and she’s fast enough to pull it off.

Vandal can take Brainiac, He has tactics older than recorded time. Brainiac doesn’t know those tactics. That gives Vandal the advantage. And I still think it’s possible he’s put a virus into Brainiac (probably dating back to his pink shirt dats, just in case. Vandal is a master of the long game.

Both Ra’s and Shiva are just to lethal an opponent for who they are matched up against. Waller is a badass, but she is not in Shiva’s league by any stretch. Same with Riddler against Ra’s.

3 Likes

If it wasn’t for the Lazarus save I would of had a perfect round :rage::grinning:

1 Like

Dr. Sivana: [throws a building at the Riddler]

The Riddler: [tells a riddle]

Dr. Sivana: [dies]

3 Likes

I dont think it was quite fair to let the guy writing Talia Al Ghul make the save for this particular bracket. Deathstroke never gets the respect he deserves and it’s just really disappointing

3 Likes

Well, I’m not going to recover… I think Deathstroke was my winner in this bracket… Fine, I didn’t even want to go to that Wonder Woman premiere!

deep down, LDFM knew that was a lie, and off he went to wallow in sadness

5 Likes

Bendis is a joke and so is his Lazarus save. The reasoning in the article is laughable, because there isn’t even any fictional justification for this ‘defeat’. “Slade can be manipulated and make mistakes”…right. DC’s best assassin and arguably top strategist, behind only Batman, would be defeated by feminine wiles and ineptitude.

1 Like

I’ve got Brainiac over Vandal Savage. Savage is a smart fighter, but there’s not much he can do against an opponent who can take Superman one-on-one.

Amanda Waller has my respect vote. She has an airstrike waiting above the arena to drop a load on Shiva as soon as the match begins. Nobody takes down the Wall.

3 Likes

Lady Shiva for the win.

3 Likes

Brainiac vs Vandal Savage: An intellectual battle of time vs space. Can the wisdom of the ages overcome the collective knowledge of the universe? Vandal Savage probably has the best chance of any mastermind to beat Brainiac, but I think Brainiac takes it.

Bane vs Talia: Sadly, I was really looking forward to Bane vs Deathstroke. I guess I’ll have to settle for the man who broke Batman’s back vs the woman who broke Batman’s heart. Voting Bane.

Riddler vs Ra’s al Ghul: I had really hoped Riddler had the lazerus pit save. How funny would it be if he got to use it against Ra’s? Sadly I guess I have to vote against a personal favorite, as Ra’s wins this handily. Unless Riddler doesn’t show up, while having rigged the arena to explode…

Lady Shiva vs Amanda Waller: Look, I respect Waller as much as the next law abiding citizen who desperately hopes to never have a bomb planted in their head. But Shiva wins this.

6 Likes

Hey, he came in 4th place for DCU’s sexiest man!

1 Like

Anyone named @TheQuestion101 knows what’s up.

1 Like