Sad News: Zuda Imprint Being Removed

Hi everybody,

It is with deep sadness I must inform you that we have removed all comics that fell under the Zuda imprint from the service. We enjoyed it while it lasted, but unfortunately we are no longer able to keep titles like High Moon, Blood Hunter, and Lily of the Valley. They fell under an imprint we no longer hold the rights to, and we hope that you were able to get some time with them.

While they are not DC’s biggest and brightest titles, we honor them nonetheless. Please join us in giving them a proper send off.

:slightly_frowning_face::canoe::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean:
:slightly_frowning_face::bow_and_arrow::fire::ocean::canoe::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean:
:slightly_frowning_face::bow_and_arrow::ocean::ocean::ocean::fire::canoe::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean:
:cry::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::fire::canoe::fire::ocean:
:sob::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::fire::fire:
:sneezing_face::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean:

16 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Farewell, Zuda. We hardly knew da.

4 Likes

Don’t know what these comics were, but that block of emojis with the burning boat is pretty creative and funny :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Appreciate that, YoYoFroYo. I was trying to create a traditional Viking funeral.

11 Likes

What happened? I can’t imagine they are in high demand elsewhere.

It’s sad they’re leaving the service, but I probably wasn’t going to read any of them anyways.

Farewell, Zuda. I hope to see you again someday…

3 Likes

Toodles Zuda. Vaya con dios laddy.

2 Likes

I do want to say that even though I probably never would have gotten around to these comics, I appreciate the notice of their removal as opposed to just quietly shuffling them off. Thank you for your transparency.

9 Likes

Bummed to learn they won’t be available, since a big appeal of the service is the opportunity to try comics I am not familiar with as well as visit old favorites. But I do appreciate the announcement.

2 Likes

What happened to the notice of things leaving? Was this really so last minute that we didn’t get notified of it until they were gone? I hope this trend doesn’t continue like how Grant Morrison’s Animal Man was taken off a day before the announcement claimed it would be.

4 Likes

Applejack, I was taking a nap on that boat! I barely got off before it erupted in flames. Check the cargo hold next time,

@nu52 I think it was there mistakenly to begin with… I don’t think anyone’s heard of these titles either…

@Nathan

“I don’t think anyone’s heard of these titles either” Which is what actually made them appealing for me. I’m not interested in a gazillionth Batman and Superman book :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

My guess is that after a certain amount of time, the copyright of it went to the original creators.

5 Likes

Yeah, I get that. I don’t mind that things have to go. We have a pretty robust library now. I understand some thing have to shuffle out. I’m just wondering if their pledge of telling us two weeks in advance when things are leaving is still in place. Books leaving before the date they tell us or books leaving and then them telling us after they’re gone is a trend I’m hoping doesn’t continue.

4 Likes

People’ve heard of Zuda. It was DC’s effort to get into the web-comic scene some years back.

I read a few of these when they debuted but I couldn’t tell you which as I remember none of them. I liked them well enough, but they just didn’t leave a lasting impression.

Again, vaya con dios Zuda. May you shine brightly with whomever now owns you.

3 Likes

Who?

2 Likes

We will absolutely give notice when we have the ability to; in this case we learned about it in step with the removal. Unfortunately we will not always be able to give advanced notice. For the titles, TV, & Film that are planned removals, you will continue to get the updates that have been posted in Watchtower, our news section, and our newsletters.

3 Likes

I’m guessing this was a case of “Lawyers win. Flawless victory.”

1 Like

I must say, that is some of the best and most emotional emoji art I’ve seen yet!

1 Like