Sandman TV Series w/ Neil Gaiman, David Goyer, and Alan Heinberg to be developed for Netflix

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sandman-tv-series-neil-gaiman-david-goyer-a-go-at-netflix-1220761?fbclid=IwAR0GX4J--0yQfLbGEIHZ4gYVjzuKMMg8HJtNoPGFm4MrlbCn_N-15nWqEso

Part of me is a little salty that apparently, they’re willing to make something so expensive for Netflix and yet they’ll drop Swamp Thing like a hot potato.

Other than that? HELL YES.

3 Likes

Netflix expense vs. DCU expense

It’s not even close

2 Likes

Alan Heinberg back to working with DC is pretty cool.

2 Likes

I agree with @nu52. I like his DC output quite a bit.

1 Like

This good news. Glad to see something happening with Sandman.

1 Like

More DC content is great. Likely Netflix willing to put up significant dollars per episode. It’s a win

1 Like

Sandman Adaptation :+1:
David Goyer Involvement :-1:

3 Likes

Very excited for this. Netflix already has Lucifer. Interesting…

1 Like

I came here to read up on them. With Vertigo folding will they appear?

It’s a safe bet that it’s a pretty lucrative deal for WB. More lucrative than dropping big cash to do a series like that justice and only being able to distribute it internationally outside of DCU.

1 Like

I know it’s unlikely, but how cool would it be to cast Henderson Wade as Matthew? They could even do a flashback/crossover episode with Swamp Thing.

There is zero chance that this Sandman series gets developed in time for it to crossover with the final season of Lucifer, which I believe is already in production.

How would it crossover with Lucifer? Lucifer takes place well after the events of Sandman, does it not?