SAVE SWAMP THING

SAVE SWAMP THING. COME ON DC THIS ISNT FAIR

8 Likes

I think they lost 19 million dollars. If that’s true, then I would say it’s pretty fair to not pay for a second Season.

1 Like

So with the sort of continuing campaign in the Snyder cut and the already proven critical acclaim for Swamp Thing, is there any interest in starting a similar campaign to resurrect the Swamp Thing DCU original? The show was very well recieved and I think it would be pretty easy to at the very least get cast and crew involved. If nothing else it would be fun to get the community together to see what kind of groundswell we can get running here.

4 Likes

Why is there not a second season of Swamp Thing I could really use one

1 Like

@jesusandino1985.84414 it was canceled do to production costs being to high.

1 Like

Cancelling the Swamp Thing was the dumbest thing DCUNIVERSE has done yet. It’s bad enough that they release to it’s patrons digital comic books that were released to non-DCUNIVERSE members 3 to 5 months earlier, (Like, oh btw here is this old crap everyone has already read,) but then they cancel their greatest contribution to the comic related series world they created just when everyone has gotten well and truly hooked on the Swamp Thing. Smh. That was a dumb idea.

2 Likes

@tedsjake.23992 it wasn’t universe’s idea to cancel it. Wb cancelled it. It was to expensive to make without a bigger distribution deal.

2 Likes

Losing 10s of millions of dollars on a show and not renewing the same show that couldn’t even stay within its production budget isn’t “dumb”. It’s a smart business.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who’s really happy that we actually got a Swamp Thing show in the first place and that it was great? Would love to see the character come back, but it’s not like it ended on a massive cliffhanger (like some other cancelled shows) so you can still enjoy it as a stand alone miniseries.

2 Likes

@mrmiracle no you are not. I’m glade they made the season also. I understand I why it was canceled and look at it like you do as a mini series. And I loved it.

1 Like

It worked out by the 5th or 6th episode that they knew they weren’t gonna be able to make it on budget (on their budget for 13 episodes was 80 million and they were shooting about 8 million an episode. There weren’t getting more money so, sensibly cut from 13-10 episodes the remaining budget would allow. Also, there had been zero interest from anyone in picking it up for other distribution. All of this meant by week 6 they new they were only getting a single 10 episode series. Credit to the writers, directors, designers, cast and crew. They banded together and made those last 4 episyyciubt and tried to wrap up many storylines in a passable way. The money they used in the episodes they did shows through. It will be well remembered by fans, but I doubt we will see a new Swamp Thing series for 20-25 years.

2 Likes

Yeah at least it has a solid ending point. Room for more, but this story was wrapped up. It really was a fantastic series

2 Likes

There’s always hope if that Justice League Dark live-action project comes to fruition. If Dick Durock could play the muck-encrusted mockery of a man for over a decade on the big and small screens (and in two different timelines), then surely Derek Mears can return.

2 Likes

I understand the reasons behind the cancellation, and can’t say that i blame them from a business standpoint. However, this was one of the best DCU shows I have seen in a while, and I hold out hope, no matter how fleeting, that at some point soon it will somehow be resurrected! :crossed_fingers: