Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics

Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics

1 Like

The complete history of Detecive Comics.

5 Likes

Its a wonderful documentary. Recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about DC.

6 Likes

Sounds interesting. Comics have a very stranger then fiction history. I wonder what this will reveal

2 Likes

I thought I knew a lot about DC’s history. This documentary showed me things I never knew. I recommend this to everyone.

2 Likes

I’ve been a DC fan for as long as I can remember, with my earliest Superman Stories from the Curt Swan and Elliot S! Maggin days, but I have missed out on a lot of the crazy Silver Age DC of Julie Schwartz. And I also haven’t read any of Neal Adams and Dennu O’Neil’s Green Lantern/Green Arrow… it’s high time I caught up! This video was a fascinating look at how DC had to adapt and change for each era that it was in. It’ll be interesting to look back at the internet age, and how comics had to adapt to that in 20 years time…

5 Likes

This is the best documentary that DC has done. I wish they would do more of these!! :wink:

7 Likes

The perfect thing to watch first! Time to start at the beginning.

2 Likes

Need to watch this on xbox one on my big tv

I had to stop watching the Documentary, it committed one of the most serious of Cardinal sins; it gave most of the credit for the creation of Batman to Bob Kane, not Bill Finger. That’s not to say Kane didn’t have the Genesis of the character in mind, but Finger truly made it into the character we know today.

Bill Finger was robbed, and Bob Kane did nothing to change that.

3 Likes

This was before DC started giving Bill Finger credit. He gets fill Co-Creator credit now. Maybe they’ll fix it in the next one.

5 Likes

Every time I try to watch this on my computer it says that the page doesn’t exist.

Computer is saying the movie doesn’t exist.

This was super rad!!! Loved hearing the history. Neat to see how the company adapted to stay relevant with the times.

5 Likes

One of the best mini series from DC!

2 Likes

It’s utterly surreal that this is narrated by Ryan Reynolds. The man who would eventually become Deadpool and more or less divorce himself from DC. (Taking occasional potshots in and out of character.) In an alternate timeline, the Green Lantern movie worked and birthed a more lighthearted DC movie universe in stark contrast to the Snyderverse. But then the Deadpool movies may never have happened.

6 Likes

Really interesting people should check this out.

3 Likes

Early part was fantastic, but I feel that a lot of the bronze and modern ages were glossed over or non-existent within the narrative. Still made me feel a lot of feels for a doc.

4 Likes

Seen it before and it’s still so good!

5 Likes

Great doc my second time seeing it i loved it, I’m especially a big fan of comic book documentaries

7 Likes