Should Joker get a sequel?

I don’t think it needs one but I woud love a sequel. I’d also like to see dark origin movies of Harley Quinn, Scarecrow and Two Face.

1 Like

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nah we’re good. It’s good.

1 Like

Joker only works on the levels that it does work on because of its standalone nature…I just don’t think that a sequel could recapture any of the things that made this movie any good

Well it’s confirmed now that a sequel is on the way. And I gotta be honest, I’m a little disappointed. A lot of the fun with this movie was deciding for yourself what events were real and what happened in Arthur’s mind. A sequel will spoil that fun by confirming certain events DID happen.

Plus, I think Arthur’s future as the Joker will be awkward to view on screen. I don’t see Arthur as a gangster, a manipulator, or an evil mastermind. And I don’t see him as the kind of guy who barks orders at henchmen. But who knows. Maybe Arthur CAN evolve into that kind of character? I just think it’ll be a tough sell.

I think the film will be more impactful without a sequel. “Leave people wanting for more” type of thing.

The only acceptable sequel will be a Batman Year One adaptation. Dark ans gritty but without the Joker in it

The film really felt like a stand alone. It did it’s job, showcasing another possible origin, and added greatly to the character’s already richly varied history. I suppose it will all boil down to how it’s executed.

1 Like

I think another Joker stand alone would be great, however, I think that the Phoenix movie was set up to go alone, and I think a sequel would lose the impact the movie had

1 Like