So who do you think is the most underrated hero in the DCU?

I think one of the most underrated hero is … Hawkman ! I have been reading Hawkman for a little bit and I think he is just a really cool character with some flaws that make him interesting. So please give me your opinion and let’s show some love to some interesting hero’s.

4 Likes

Superman!

Juust kidding… my default answer to anything.

Umm… would have to go with Plastic Man. The dude can change to anything (and is pretty funny). Doesn’t get that much love from what I can see.

3 Likes

I agree with Moro, plastic man and elongated man. Their two of my favorites, and don’t always get the appreciation I believe they deserve.

2 Likes

Gerald Welter! Hero of the Battle of West Virginia! Never heard of him? That’s just how underrated he is!

2 Likes

Yep… no idea what you just said. You win!

2 Likes
Where to find him.

I made him up. Ha! Jokes on you!

2 Likes

:rofl:

Time to tuck my tail between my legs and walk away in shame.

2 Likes

Booster gold he’s misunderstood by most of the justice league

2 Likes

Does being screwed over bay the execs constantly just because they personally don’t like the character (or any legacy characters) and always having their skills downplayed even though their skills are more well rounded than any character to take up the mantel after him count as overrated? If so then Nightwing.
If not then I would have to say… Wonder Woman? IK she’s popular but I really don’t feel she gets the shine she deserves in comics. She always seems stuck behind Bats and Super in terms of spotlight.
Or maybe Aquaman. He finally became cool and people still make fun of him like he’s still this useless character that would start flapping, convulsing, and gasping for air outside of water. He doesn’t nearly get the respect he deserves.
I could answer this 1000 ways. It really all depends on what counts as under and overrated.

2 Likes

I think Momoa and Gadot have helped immensely with giving both characters plenty of attention/spotlight. Nothing like a blockbuster movie to change public perception.

1 Like

In terms of characters who deserve more exposure than they have in practice, probably the Question or Cassandra Cain. In terms of characters of whom most people’s opinion is unduly negative, Azrael.

3 Likes

@TheBatmanofNML You definitely win and I created the post :clap::fist_left:

2 Likes

Jim Gordon. Not a superhero, but a hero none the less. Does not get enough credit.

2 Likes

Hawkman awesome. I completely agree.
I think an underrated hero who often gets forgotten is Captain Atom. The dude’s a powerhouse rivaled by very few in DC.

4 Likes

I know he has a title right now, but Mister Terrific. 3rd smartest guy on the planet. Invisible to all forms of technology. He’s a black belt in 6 different martial arts. Polymath. Has 14 Ph.Ds. Polyglot. One of just 3 DC heroes to have medical training.

In any fair universe this dude would be running the show. He’s like that popular dude with the other company that dresses up in a suit of iron…except he actually kicks a**.

Also Martian Manhunter, but I’m gonna stop before I get grumpy and start saying nasty, anti-corporate nonsense.

4 Likes

The fact that I didn’t know half the stuff you mentioned about Mr. Terrific proves your point to me.

5 Likes

@ Kon-El I’m a huge Superboy fan he is completely the 90s. Dig everything you have said so far . I’m really wondering when Superboy book Two will be released. Also @Behemoth Captain Atom is also my second thought of most underrated Superhero’s in the DCU. I have been reading his books on this app.

4 Likes

Captain Atom would’ve been my third choice after the Question and Cass. His '86 series is fantastic.

2 Likes

Is it even a Question?

6 Likes

@HubCityQuestion lol I like what you did there but there is no face to answer too.

( I hope you got it was better in my head)

2 Likes