Social Distancing (COVID-19) Watch/Read List and Support Group

Marvel. Promo for the soundtrack.

1 Like

That is a nice collection of comic novelizations!!! How is Enemies and Allies? I just got this book in the mail and have a few in front of it.

1 Like

Okay, it’s a sign - I have to dig out my copy of the Further Adventures of Batman Volume 2. I used to spend many a summer night reading those short stories.
Bonus: I had a similar blanket that was of the Super Powers variety, it was white and the same material by the looks of it (and I’m sure it is equally faded somewhere at my parents house).

1 Like

Wow. What an incredible blast from the blast.
I never knew that there was a promotional video based on the album - I had a cassette sampler of a few of the tracks that I was able to get from a coupon from a cereal box, I think? It had Sublime’s “Hong Kong Phooey” on there. This has a ton of my favorite bands from that era, the Toadies, Butthole Surfers, Helmet. The HR Puff’n’Stuff song is super catchy as well.
I get the impression that Drew Barrymore actually lived that way at one point in her life.
All of this reminded me of how I used to watch the Boomerang block on Cartoon Network on the weekends (before it became its own channel). It would have a ton of great Hanna Barbera stuff like Thundarr the Barbarian and the Herculoids. I was pretty disappointed to find that the Boomerang Streaming website does not include any of that stuff (although, I keep my fingers crossed that the upcoming HBO Max might).
If you are feeling like you need a fix from some 90’s nerd culture, might I direct your attention to the Anti-Gravity Room ?

2 Likes

Any ideas on where to start with batgirl?

1 Like

Check out this thread:

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks!! I was really into novelizations for a while. Enemies and Allies is actually one of my favorite Batman novels. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I kind of want to read it again now!!

2 Likes

2.5 weeks today since I’ve left the house, I’m starting to get cabin fever.

2 Likes

Same here. I’m going stir crazy

2 Likes

While i am presently working, the regular volume of work has decreased such that they are considering furloughing some of us. I am stressing that I won’t make the cut. I would rather work than not.

So since you are home and being an awesome person by being that hero you are; keep being the antihero by being antisocial! So what are you read and watching to kill the enemy that villain we call Time! I have started reading a 1990s book Extreme Justice and will be watching Justice League movies.

1 Like

@AnonymousHQ you should get out of the house. Go for a walk (wearing a mask and maintaining physical distancing of course).

@AntLeon That’s an awful situation. Luckily my university let me do the rest of my graduate assistantship remotely, but I’m nervous about being able to find a job once my contract is up in July. I hope you can keep your job!!

@jsmsiggy Nice! I just started Batman Eternal and a few issues in I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I also dug out and started playing some old PlayStation games (Batman Gotham Racer and Batman Beyond Return of the Joker) to play on my PS3.

Today the first episode of Harley Quinn season two came out so I watched that. It’s a great start, and I’m looking forward to seeing where the go from here. If you haven’t watched it yet, definitely add it to your use list!!

2 Likes

thanks. once this the social distance apocalypse is over, they would be recalling everyone. so it should be finite, but i would still rather be on the employed side vs the unemployed side even if it is only temporary.

2 Likes

I have those same worries. Most of all, one of my friends’ moved back to Cincinnati, and I never really got to hang with him during this. We have both been too busy. He does still work at a job here but he will be working from his home in Ohio. He says he will be back when he feels it is safe, but I would still like to have him as a friend and hang with him.

I’m okay being home at the end of the day. I miss a few things. I’m at nearly three weeks. Lots of reading.

My concern is the delay. I’m rural. The urban areas of my state were hit first. Weeks in advance in fact. I fear they will decide to “open” things back up in the cities and people will come to places like this (region estimated to peak in May, but cities next week).

Then…round two. They’re going to get greedy and this bug won’t die. Locally anyway.

1 Like

I’m starting to think Thanos the Mad might have the right idea

1 Like

So… I haven’t been posting as much for two reasons. First is this whole thing has me in a weird state of mind. I have worries I know many others here have. I almost feel like I’ve crawled into a personal shell, figuratively speaking. Starting to crawl out of that a bit, but still feel… off. Second reason is I’ve been catching up on previous comics I’ve meant to read and it’s been a great escape. Here’s a list of what I’ve read in the last 3 weeks (all digital trades except where noted):

• DK III The Master Race
  • Dark Knight Returns The Golden Child
  • Luthor
  • Joker
  • Batman Damned (reread after reading Joker)
  • New Krypton volumes 1 through 4.
  • Last Stand of New Krypton (single issues here on DCU)
  • War of the Supermen
  • Superman Grounded (single issues on Comixology)
  • Superman Sacrifice
  • First 25 issues of Smallville Season 11

Put a medium size dent in all the trades (why are they called that?) that I’ve purchased from Comixology sales and put off reading over the years. Enjoyed all of it without exception. High point was probably Superman Grounded. Seamless read and great art throughout. The New Krypton stuff was rather epic but long winded. I feel like there was plenty I missed there that wasn’t in the trades. Could’ve benefitted from a small reduction in scope. My least favorite was probably Sacrifice; was good but a tad too grim.

I thought I was gonna do a mini review for each of these, but I think that’s enough of an update for now. Hope everyone is safe & healthy.

1 Like

How is everyone in this thread holding up?
Hard to believe that it has been over a month since this whole isolation thing began. I was able to overcome a big portion of my anxiety thanks to some of the suggestions on here. What has everyone been reading/watching of late?
I was able to pick up a copy of the Masters of the Universe/Injustice trade, and I still have the final volume of Injustice 2 to go. I’m really looking forward to reading Batman White Knight next week (I hope it delivers on the hype) and I’ve working my way through a complete viewing of Batman the Brave & the Bold, what a wonderful series.
In non-DC related enjoyment, I finally caved in to Hulu’s persistence that I should watch Future Man and I need to deeply thank the logarithm overlords, I’m nearly finished with the first season and it is incredible!

1 Like

About 5 weeks since I’ve left the house now.

1 Like