Spotlight On: Justice League of America 31 (May,2009)

Justice League of America 31 (May 2009) This is a Final Crisis “aftermath issue”. What is great about this issue is it’s focused on Black Canary and after reading the issue—you can see why she is not only Chairwoman of the JLA, but someone it is best not to cross paths with. She deftly starts off by putting both Green Arrow and Green Lantern in their place. The issue does a nice job of clarifying BC and GA’s love for each other—something that goes back decades. This issue also starts up a new arc and makes for a great jumping on point.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! If I ever run out of stuff to read, I’ll think about reading this! Generally I don’t like final crisis and am amazed some people do.

Actually, this has very little do with Final Crisis. Just really like what they do with Black Canary-- she comes off as quite formidable in the issue. Worth checking out to see a different take on JLA.

1 Like

Pitch the take on JLA to me!

Well, the Trinity is no longer part of the League. GL wants to start a new branch which BC forbids. The League basically ceases to be-- until new team reforms in a few issues which will include Firestorm, Vixen, and DoctorLight. Upcoming arcs are shorter but quite good. No more, because I don’t want to risk spoilers. I actually read the whole 60 issues run recently and thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 Like