Summer of Events Book Club Week 3: Justice League: No Justice #3 and Flash #47

Hey everyone! It’s time for Week 3! This week I’m changing up the schedule so that you guys can follow whatever you want without spoilers.

The Schedule is
Monday- Tuesday) --> Predictions
Wednesday - Friday) --> Flash #47
Saturday - Monday) --> Justice League: No Justice #3

Predictions (Please don’t answer if you know)
Justice League: No Justice #3

1. Where should each of the 4 trees be located on Earth-1: Wonder, Mystery, Entropy, and Wisdom.
  2. What character won’t make it out alive?
  3. What character will be the MVP?

Flash #47

1. What is Barry’s greatest fear?
  2. Wally’s?

Questions
Flash #47 (Wednesday to Friday)

1. Who is morally right?
  2. Do you like the renegades?

Justice League: No Justice #3 (Saturday to Monday)

1. Who is the MVP of the issue?
  2. Was THAT death a good one?
  3. Predict how Earth will win, does it even seem possible?
  4. Is Brainiac 2.0’s characterization seem like a good one.
1 Like

Transmission received

1 Like

Glad to hear!

1 Like

Mystery I bet will be either Stonehedge or Easter island.

Wonder could be the oceans that cover most of the earth maybe even the Mariana trench.

Wisdom I would assume would be somewhere in the middle East.

Entropy …a guess might be Antarctica or the North Pole, because in those places you’re going to find things like the ice melting due to the warming of temperatures and also holes in the ozone.

Well anyway if I was the writer that’s what I would have gone for…

1 Like

@Don-el I assume you know the answer?

1 Like

Nope, this will be my first time reading.

Don-el I meant places in the DC Universe. Not Earth, Earth…

Did you mean to ask which of the four tree should be located on Earth? I guess I’ll find out more when I read the story

No. Example. I think Doom Manor could be the location of he entropy tree

1 Like

I am finally caught up. Justice League No Justice 1-3 spoilers below.

Im liking the series so far. The art has been great and Snyders writing is really good.

Im liking the costume change that many of the iconic justice league members got. Superman and Flash in particular. Its futuristic goes really well with the scifi vibe.

The inclusion of Brainiac 2.0 is interesting, didnt think that we would see him. I really like Brainiacs backstory in this with him being his home planets greatest villain and he is trying to save it. He tied Colu’s fate to Earths forcing the JL to save it.

I feel kind of “meh” about the whole Amanda Waller “not trusting the Justice League and wanting to nuke everything” trope. It feels really repetitive at this point.

I also like the team-ups, their wacky and oddly enough fit well with eachother. Team Wonder with Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Raven, Etrigan, and Doctor Fate. Thats a great roster!

And I always love Etrigan’s dialogue, the rhyming never gets old. I also liked the “For Wonder” battle cry from Wonder Woman at the tree of Wonder.

Team Wisdom, Loving Cyborgs Red suit, its a fresh look. Flash, Harley Quinn and Robin and Captain Atom. Thats the most random roster ever. Yet they surprisingly had good chemsitry.

Team Mystery, Starro and Martian Manhunter Superman, Sinestro and Starfire. Thats a heavy hitting team. And how anout Starro calling Martian Manhunter Marty ha.

Team Entropy with Lobo, Luthor, Batman, Beast Boy, Deathstroke, and Braniac 2.0 probably my favorite roster. Particularly Batman, Deathstroke, Lobo and Luthor. Thats a crazy group.

I think the MVP has to be Starro.

1 Like

Since Im early Im gonna wait before I answer the spoiler-y questions.

1 Like

Okay so I should read flash either today or tomorrow got it

1 Like

Yep!! You have until Friday Afternoon!

1 Like

Questions
Flash #47 (Wednesday to Friday)

1. Who is morally right?
    I feel like right now I’m on Wally’s Side. Barry had this attitude during perfect storm (which is part of the run but not necessary for this comic) of saying I’m nothing without my powers. I think however, Wally is starting to appear like the bad guy! We shall see what happens once Zoom truly begins his quest.
  2. Do you like the renegades?
    I don’t hate them. Interesting idea, but citizen cold has a long way to go…
1 Like

Barry knows exactly where Wally is coming from. He has suffered great loss and tried to get it all back, and we all know how that worked out. Zoom is only going to manipulate Wally and his irrational emotions (but I guess I’m stating the obvious here).

I dont know how I feel about the Renegades yet except to say I really dig Golden Glider and the whole yellow lantern thing.

2 Likes

I forgot about the Golden Glider Yellow Lantern Thing. I’ll admit it was interesting making the note that Reverse-Flash wears Yellow…

1 Like

Last day to talk about Flash #47

1 Like

Flash #47

First was a great read, artwork was good too. I really enjoy this more than I have enjoyed Flash in quite a while.

Everybody seems cool I didn’t really see any villains until the end really so morally I think they’re all on the same plane they just had to figure out how to agree.

I think the Renegades is a great idea! I like seeing Glider with a yellow ring.

1 Like

I like the idea that they just need to figure out how to agree!

1 Like

Let’s start talk about Justice League:No Justice!!!

1 Like