Supergirl (1984)

Supergirl (1984)

So awesome to see this is on here. The movie is not without it’s faults, but to me Helen Slater IS Supergirl, to this day if I read a Supergirl comic I hear Helen Slater’s voice.

20 Likes

This movie gives me so many feels. I truly love it. It’s not the best but it’s fun, it has heart, and it has an amazing theme song!

6 Likes

riffworthy

3 Likes

Classic movie. I loved it

5 Likes

Been waiting for this, first time watching it. It’s not the best but it’s still really cool!

5 Likes

I’ve had plenty of chances to watch it during my life but never did. I’ll finally give it a chance now though!

1 Like

I only watched this cuz she cute

9 Likes

Seen this quite awhile ago I’ll have to re watch it sometime :scream_cat:

I presume this is the “international cut” of the movie. Either way, I’d forgotten how Scooby-Doo-ish this was with all the “villian in an amusement park” schtick. To be fair, I’ve seen worse Superman-related content in my time. But, Helen Slater was born to be Supergirl.

4 Likes

This movie is very underrated in my opinion. Of the old super-movies, I think that it is second only to Superman III.

1 Like

Love this movie

2 Likes

If a Supergirl origin story was possible without Superman then it’s definitely possible to have other “sidekicks” get their own movies without their respective mentors too.

1 Like

She looks like Supergirl more than any other actress that played the part since; but the plot is so boring and ridiculous. If I believed in such things I would swear there is a 9-11 conspiracy message in this movie. The amusement park ride Kara carries off the love sick gardener in has football players molded in the ends; the Rams and Patriots who played in the Superbowl after 9-11. The Ram’s jersey is also number 11.

1 Like

Oh gosh I fell In love with Supergirl after seeing this movie as a kid…i still have the novel based on the movie…I wish I can get Helen Slater to sign it

2 Likes

It’s not a good movie, but its entertaining. Very bad movie tho.

5 Likes

I love it, and I don’t care what anybody thinks.

3 Likes

So cheesy but Helen Slater is Supergirl.

4 Likes

Dear God this movie is bad, but I still enjoy it for some odd reason.

6 Likes

Wish you didn’t have to pay 7.99 for this wish you could pay 3:99

4 Likes