Superman Batman (2010-) #10

Superman Batman (2010-) #10

It really is rediculous that they have so many cases of having part of a storyline and nothing else in a run. I get it is out on trade and they don’t want to hurt sales, I get using it to entice people to buy a trade might sell more trades in theory and thus help justify keeping the subscription price down… but while there are a LOT (a whole lot) of great runs and great series. This database is littered with first issues of mini-series and incomplete storylines (couldn’t they have included the first 7 issues so we could get some complete storylines with the Supergirl introduction story tease?) Yeah hardcore fans know to avoid this stuff. But if a casual (which I assume this servicve counts on attracting) sees something like “oh cool the Supergirl introduction story” reads the first three issues then “to be continued” I don’t think they will decide to go out and spend 15 bucks on the trade. I think they will be annoyed and leave with nothing but a bad experience and if things like this are the first comics they read have less reason to want to stick around.

4 Likes