[Superman Fan Club] Weekly Reader Inaugural Week 1: Superman through the Silver and Bronze Ages Retrospective Run May 6th, 2020 it

The new set of readings for this fine club will be posted tomorrow (Thursday).

I hope you all find the upcoming selection much like a fine box of tasty chocolates.

3 Likes

These were all great reads, thanks for the selections. Metallo and Parasite were pretty darn good versions of the characters from their inception. Looking forward to your next reading commands.

2 Likes

Opps, I did it again…lol…

3 Likes

Don-El quoting Britney Spears made my ribs hurt! :rofl:

La la la… That’s me trying to sing a Britney Spears tune

Super reads, @Don-El, just super!

I’ve loved Superman #233 since I was a kid. From the cover to everything on the inside, it’s always been a favorite of mine, and one I’m always eager to reread. Definitely my favorite of this batch of books as well.

Thanks for the Mighty Metropolis Marvel reads, DE! :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by Vroom (groovy new icon you’re using by the way).

I’ve always been a fan of that issue and relaunch as well. Between the Neal Adams covers and the really radical reboot, it’s still pretty exciting stuff to look at. I tend to be all in on reboots in general, I just love a new story line.

I do admit a radical reboot every 3 years can be a bit tiring…

2 Likes

Whenever I feel inclined to say “Needs more salt.” or something to that effect, I’m usually reminded of when Superman ate Kryptonite.

Upon seeing that for the first time as a kid, my initial reaction was “Oh, gross! Why would he eat that?”.

Eating the thing you’re most vulnerable to and with a smile and suggestion of additional salt for flavoring purposes is yet another reason why Superman is The Best™.

1 Like

By the way, club members, am I crazy or in the Superman 233 story backup Krypton story, did a lot of those concepts end up in the Krypton series on Syfy like the name of the Moon and the way that a computer figures out what people will do for a career?

1 Like

Most likely, and if so, that’s yet another reason why Krypton is great.

Even if it’s a coincidence, Krypton is still great.

2 Likes

If you had asked me to date those covers, I would have said early 80s. They look so far ahead of their time.

1 Like