Superman II

Superman II

Would anyone happen to know if this is the Theatrical Cut or the Director’s Cut?

2 Likes

Fantastic movie that brings back great memories! Remembered watching this film when it was first released at a drive-in!

My favorite Superman movie of the Christopher Reeve era.

@VengefulBearlord it is just the theatrical Lester cut.

It seems to be the Lester cut. :cry:

I’d like to see the Richard Donner cut as well.

9 Likes

please add the Donner cut

13 Likes

Awesome Movie!!! Dc Rocks!!!

2 Likes

One of the best Superman movies of all time!

2 Likes

Simply, one of the best movie sequels ever!

1 Like

they say sequels are bad but this one was amazing

3 Likes

Please get the Richard Donnor Cut!

14 Likes

when i first saw Superman II in 1981, i was 8yrs old. i thought it would have been really cool if at the end of the movie, the scene where Clark Kent goes back to the diner, You’re Sitting On My Favorite Seat, to the bully trucker, Richard Gere as Bruce Wayne and Lynda Carter as Diana Prince would’ve came in after Christopher Reeve sent the bully crashing into the pinball machine, and Bruce Wayne would’ve handed the people that ran the diner a large sum of cash. then, it would’ve been way cool if Christopher Reeve, Richard Gere and Lynda Carter as Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman had a meal together discussing about the formation of the Justice League. that would’ve been epic because it was the 80’s.

2 Likes

Literally superman is such a dawg in this film…uses his undefined new power “memory loss kiss” to get rid of his lady problem, and beats up a dude in a dinner as Clark kent and gets away with it. Christopher Reeves the goat

1 Like

Great film! I love it so much and the humor is so on point here. Perfect casting, a few things bother me like some of the powers shown here aren’t necessarily the most comic accurate but the story and acting makes up for it. A great sequel, but I feel like the first one is still best.

1 Like

Great movie! Christopher Reeve is my favorite Superman., and the John Williams score never gets old. My favorite scenes are:

1. The fight on the streets of Metropolis between Zod, Ursa, and Non.

2. Superman crushing Zod’s hand and throwing him.

3. Clark Kent gets his payback on the guy at the Diner.

2 Likes

This movie didn’t hold up for me as I re-watched it.
Superman considered himself a failure as a human because he lost a pointless bar fight.
He ran from the fight with Zod without it being depicted that he even had a plan for them to follow him.
The ending bar scene, revenge?
It’s either the disconnection with the morals of the age but this doesn’t seem like “Superman,” at all.

3 Likes

It’d be nice to have BOTH the theatrical and the Richard Donner cut of this film available on here.

16 Likes

I would love to see the Donner Cut on here. To me Superman 1 and 2 should be viewed as one film.

13 Likes