Superman III

Superman III

A solid movie and still a joy to watch.

3 Likes

That woman who turned into an machine always creeped me out as a kid…still kinda does…

9 Likes

The dark Superman scenes were the onky part that was good, too much slapstick and Richard Pryor taking time away from Superman.

2 Likes

This is such a classic

2 Likes

“Cyborg Lady” is still hella scary today

7 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed man of steel but superman 1, 2 and 3 is what a superman movie should be. Mr. Reeves is the absolute embodiment of who superman and Clark Kent was in the comics up to that point. What Mr. Pryor brings to the movie is more then his name and star power, he brought a light hearted element that I think the 1st and 2nd movie didn’t have. U are gone Mr. Reeves and Mr. Pryor but not forgotten. In our hearts u will always stay.

6 Likes

This movie sometimes gets a bad rap but I think it’s my besides Superman 2 it’s my favorite.

2 Likes

This movie is probably my favorite of the Christopher Reeves movies because it was my first introduction to Superman and Super-Hero’s in general.

2 Likes

I’ve always looked this movie as the most expensive episode of the George Reeves Superman show ever made. After fighting Lex Luthor and Zod, the man of steel takes on…a second-rate rich guy character from the show Dallas and his bumbling computer whiz henchman?

2 Likes

This is an enjoyable movie just by Christopher Reeve as Superman. He once again did an excellent job even though everything else isn’t . Reeve made the movie that much better since he was in it. My favorite parts are:

1. Superman putting out the chemical plant fire by using his freeze breath to freeze the nearby lake.

2. Christopher Reeve as evil Superman

3. The junkyard fight between Clark Kent and evil Superman.

4 Likes

That scene with her getting turned into a robot is WAYYYY creepy still.

5 Likes

Not anywhere as good as 1 and 2 but I still enjoyed it. I like Reeves’s Superman , but it’s odd how Lois was pushed to the side for that other girl .

It’s still fun to see Christopher Reeve act out evil Superman, but damn was this one heavy on the camp…

2 Likes

I love Lana Lang. She’s such a good addition to the series. Lana was never disappointed that Clark would show up instead of Superman. In fact, Lana like Clark not Superman. Lois always felt like the other way around. The way Clark is around Lana is also much more natural and not that bumbling caricature he created to hide his identity. This movie is not as cinematic or timeless as Superman I, but it’s way better in story than Superman II, IMO.

4 Likes

Began a marathon watching all the Superman movies from #I till Justice League.
This was my first time actually watching this particular movie all the way through, and followed up with watching IV here.
Now I’ll be watching #II (the Richard Donner Cut), and Superman Returns.
As for this one, III:
It’s actually not that bad if one goes in with open mind, it’s both funny and has good action. I would say the problem is the pacing and transitions from humor bits to main story.
The beginning really was off putting though…kind off cringy, with the attempt at slapstick. Guess it shows that real comedy is hard to pull off.
In a way, with Richard Pryor in the movie, slapstick bits weren’t really required since his presence is supposed to already supply the humor.
The “kind of” romance with Lana Lang was refreshing in that Annette O’Toole had a chemistry with Reeve that brought something else from his performance as both Clark and Supes. It would have been cool to further see them interact in Metropolis in a further sequel if it had happened.
As for the action: it was good. Having seem and read about the supposed original plans, I can see the parts that were supposed to been Brainiac and Bizarro. LOL, I can sort of tell myself that maybe Gus Gorman is the stand in for one of Supes’ humor based villains like Prankster, Toyman I, or Mr. Mxyzptlk.
Overall though, it’s unfortunate that the Salkinds, Spengler, and even WB couldn’t keep an eye towards quality instead of churning out the movie the way they did, cuz there was good in the movie.

1 Like

This was SO random for a Superman story lol

3 Likes

cool

I couldn’t. It was too goofy.

I saw it in the theaters when it came out.
I have never got the itch to see it again.