Swamp Thing Cancelled

Why did you cancel this show? Why? Why?

10 Likes

I’m waiting for something official or from a website with credentials. If you have a link, please share. But as far as I can tell, there is whopping one website reporting this atm and I’ve never heard of them.
If it doesnt come from or at least link to a Deadline, Variety, or Hollywood Reporter report than there’s really no reason to take it as a fact.
The article at Geeks has no details or quotes, it just says "at&t didnt like the direction it was heading, so they canceled it"and that “the cast was informed late last night that they will not be returning for a second season”. Yet hours later and none of the major outlets have picked this up? This totally rando clickbait site is in the know? That’s very hard to believe. That would be flushing a huge investment.
Huge grain of salt with this one.

1 Like

It’s cancelled. Multiple credible bloggers are reporting it. It’s not coming back for a second season.

5 Likes

This company is a damn embarrassment if this is true… I am soooooooooo pissed right now.

5 Likes

I wonder if they will cover this on their crappy “DC daily show” that breaks no news and does nothing of value for fandom.

4 Likes

“Bloggers” arent credible, reporters are. Bloggers are typically commenting on articles written by reporters. Again, please link to something credible.

3 Likes

I’ll be honest with you the fact that this is slowly blowing up online and no one for DC is refuting it doesn’t make me feel any better. So yeah bloggers do make stuff up for clicks but to not hear anything from your parent company denying this “rumor” doesn’t really help.

1 Like

Are all bloggers pulling from the only article I can find? The one from Geeks Worldwide? Is Warner even up this earlier to refute? Lol. We’ll see, huge doubts though

3 Likes

If this is true it’s such a disappointment.

2 Likes

Up this early? It’s 10am Eastern time. Really? Come on…

I see where it stated hasn’t been renewed or canceled as of June 6th

If it is canceled I will have to rethink if I re up once the years over

as far as the DC daily show I have not watch that since they changed the format

3 Likes

First of all, I have yet to have seen a credible source. Second of all, the only reason DC would ever cancel Swamp Thing after 1 season would be if they were to do a spin off series like Justice League Dark. Third of all, it’s completely plausible that DCU won’t issue a statement refuting this. Bloggers aren’t credible sources and don’t really warrant anyone up at DC to take the time to write and publish a statement. Probably 75% of the people who would read DC’s statement wouldn’t have read the blogger’s original post. This rumor will stifle down before it gets big enough for DC to address.

3 Likes

@thebronxBatman, WB isnt on the east coast, it’s on the West coast. Its 7:18 am as I’m writing this

Makes sense. Why else remove the last 3 episodes except to try and end it before a season cliffhanger.
MIFFED I TELL YOU. FRAGIN MIFFED

1 Like

After seeing the article im thouroully dissapointed and praying its not true. i myself had to cancle my subscription due to hard times and money being tight but I would hate to lose such a good show and it hasn’t even gotten a chance to really develop into what it should be.
-A very worried D.C. Fan

1 Like

Let me be honest… I don’t want this rumor to be real, but the way WB has handled its business the pass few year PR wise really doesn’t make me feel like giving them the benefit of the doubt. I am done giving them the benefit of the doubt. They haven’t earned that.

4 Likes

@Gabe
Dc did actually issue a statement about this. They said that the show was shortened for artistic reasons. Don’t forget that Titans was shortened as well, and still has a 2nd season coming.

3 Likes

Yeah that was like a month ago wasn’t it?

1 Like

Hope that’s the case. Just concerned they said all of that to save face .

1 Like

I don’t know I disagree if all these rumors of cancellation are faults DC should come out with a statement saying so very soon. If they drag their feet with a statement I’m going to believe the rumors

1 Like